NEWS Walters: roster is pretty much sorted

Good on ya Kevvie. Will be interesting to see how he deals with our roster for next year with plenty of guys off contract. 3 player option contracts to deal with for 2022 as well. You'd have to think Corey Oates would be taking his, unless he comes into top form early on. Turpin could be looking elsewhere if we're looking like luring Brandon Smith, but would love to have them both. Who knows with Staggs, but I hope we don't offer him overs.

Glenn and Macca are close to the end. I'd offer Macca a small contract but Glenn is better off elsewhere. Milford will be playing for his future so he could come good, especially if Kevvie can mentor him like he did in 2015. Then we've got Dearden, Coates and Riki who will all be getting a lot of attention.

Asiata is a great pickup and maybe we have saved some money in the cap this year to put towards Offa and Bird's contracts, so we can pay them off early and have more room for next year.

View attachment 10976
We will have some SERIOUS COIN in 2022. If ANY team outbids us for a player serious questions need to be asked about the legitimacy of the salary cap....

We will have some SERIOUS COIN in 2022. If ANY team outbids us for a player serious questions need to be asked about the legitimacy of the salary cap....

We only free up 1.6m if we loose Milford and Macca. We will probably free up another 200 or so not paying for Bird. The big bonus is 14 players are off contract for 22, including 3 player options.

I'm still excited. How much of how bad we were going in 2020 was about Siebold, hus methods and his assistant's? We will find out in 2021 because the Roster change was never going to be huge straight up and I think KW will get the Broncos playing a more exciting style of footy which suits the players we have.

So next season, I guess (bear with my teamlist, it comforts me to put them out):

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Copley
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Lodge
16. TPJ
17. Riki

I think I can see what Kevvie is aiming to do with his squad. It isn't anywhere near as talented as last year but it is far better balanced than last year and while this team is probably heading for bottom four again, it does look a step in the right direction.

So next season, I guess (bear with my teamlist, it comforts me to put them out):

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Copley
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Lodge
16. TPJ
17. Riki

I think I can see what Kevvie is aiming to do with his squad. It isn't anywhere near as talented as last year but it is far better balanced than last year and while this team is probably heading for bottom four again, it does look a step in the right direction.
I don’t think they just spent 650k a season to drop Flegler.

We only free up 1.6m if we loose Milford and Macca. We will probably free up another 200 or so not paying for Bird. The big bonus is 14 players are off contract for 22, including 3 player options.
Oates and turpin will take up their player options but staggs won't if he isn't injured again (aka giving the bird). Glenn will also free up a fair bit. Thats 2 million between them 3. Outside of palasia no player would be on absolute minimum wage, most very close too but not absolute. Replace a few with minimum wage and there you have 2.3 million. Add on the 200,000 or more from bird (this will change from the media the closer we get) and possibly a bit more off ofa depending on how the deal was cut.
Riki, dearden, Coates and staggs deserve a pay rise. I'd set aside a 1.5 million for that, way more then enough. 400,000 to 500,000 for dearden. Split the rest between the other 3 depending on their form this year (irrespective of injury the ungrateful tossers if they want to play that game). 1 or 2 of them leave that gives us even more. Staggs and Coates are great talents but what got us into this bloody mess? We shouldn't over pay for individual talent, we need to pay for what the TEAM needs regardless of individual talent.

Me neither. Why would they start making good decisions all of a sudden when their decisions to date have turned the club into a basket case? It won’t happen, they aren’t capable.
On the news tonight they showed boyd in training gear....that was enough for me to turn it off.....i dont fucking care how good he was years ago.....he stunk the joint up the past few and now gets a gig as a mentor for the backs.....fmd

On the news tonight they showed boyd in training gear....that was enough for me to turn it off.....i dont fucking care how good he was years ago.....he stunk the joint up the past few and now gets a gig as a mentor for the backs.....fmd

That's where his strength is according to his fans on here. Great trainer. If he can help with that without translating it to derping it up on the field, all the better.

Here's a question, if our senior players hit their pre-seibold form and our young players learn to defend, how do you think we'll do?

Here's a question, if our senior players hit their pre-seibold form and our young players learn to defend, how do you think we'll do?
If all the stars align we could reach as high a 6th imo. Realistically though 8-10th. As low as 14-16th if injuries resemble last year and there’s no Q Cup.

giphy.gif

Our cap is an absolute shitshow

again 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% disagree ...

there is no point throwing big money at numpties, which is all we would be doing if we made mass signings for the 2021 season. that is one of the ways your cap BECOMES a shitshow.

we made a couple of calculated signings that won't break the bank and are setting ourselves up to be ready to strike should a quality player (in a position we need filled) suddenly becomes available. worst case, we are in a very good position to make signings for 2022, which is a far superior free agency. making mass numpty signings for 2021 will hinder our ability to be serious players in the better 2022 market.

but yep, the club and Kevie should definitely listen to the "fans", and make mass signings now fucking out cap for future seasons, ensuring our stay on the canvass is much longer than it should be.

f

again 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% disagree ...

there is no point throwing big money at numpties, which is all we would be doing if we made mass signings for the 2021 season. that is one of the ways your cap BECOMES a shitshow.

we made a couple of calculated signings that won't break the bank and are setting ourselves up to be ready to strike should a quality player (in a position we need filled) suddenly becomes available. worst case, we are in a very good position to make signings for 2022, which is a far superior free agency. making mass numpty signings for 2021 will hinder our ability to be serious players in the better 2022 market.

but yep, the club and Kevie should definitely listen to the "fans", and make mass signings now fucking out cap for future seasons, ensuring our stay on the canvass is much longer than it should be.
I think the truth lies somewhere in between. There definitely are some stinky contracts at the club and that hinders the cap but I also think it’s worked out conveniently in a way because as you said, there’s barely any decent players around to sign anyway.

I think Kevie said something about waiting to see what happens with C.Smith. So that would mean roster is sorted with some cash to splash when something happens.

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Copley
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Lodge
16. TPJ
17. Riki

Yeah mate majoritevly agree... I think with Farnworth being quite weak defensively probably better to have the experience of mead and Copley on their inside to help them out and push him out to the wing also flegler got upgraded for a reason so must be in their somewhere... but too much depth is always a good issue to have... I think if milf and Isaako perform a side like that could do quite well... definitely not another wooden spoon

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Copley
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Lodge
16. TPJ
17. Riki

Flegler?

Active Now

• theshed
  • Kev_Guz
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Organix
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gray
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Big Del
  • BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.