Warriors' Blair switch project

And if you do get every time he smashed JT when we versed the cowboys haha

The whole 5 minute highlight real will be him smashing other team's halves. Can't say I dont mind watching that though.

Edit: Apart from him smashing JT a few weeks before Origin. That was a no no

So now that Blair has his contract stuff sorted shouldn't he play out of his skin now and not use the contract distraction as an excuse?

So now that Blair has his contract stuff sorted shouldn't he play out of his skin now and not use the contract distraction as an excuse?

If he doesn't have a near MotM performance, his tenure will end on a real sour note.

He has been one of our best for the last few years. Contributed to our ability to intimidate with physicality immensely.

IMG 0665

All the kiwi boys are that close

I would hazard a guess Lodge will be getting Blair's money at the very least...

I can't imagine what else would have purportedly made him change his mind on declaring bankruptcy and living cash in hand...

The fact that on even a base contract he would be earning more than outside the game? Can't imagine a bloke like lodge stepping into a 100k plus job.

The fact that on even a base contract he would be earning more than outside the game? Can't imagine a bloke like lodge stepping into a 100k plus job.

No me either, but the point of declaring bankruptcy in his case, is to legally avoid perpetually paying off an impossibly large debt. So unless he gets a reasonably large salary, he won't be paying it off more than likely in this lifetime...

He surely was acutely aware of this when he sat down with Badel, (I think it was?) and outlined his plan of quitting NRL, declaring bankruptcy and working as a labourer with some mates for cash in the hand...

However now that he is apparently having a rethink, something has obviously changed and the only things I can think of that can possibly resolve this situation and see him remain in the NRL, are the amount of money he will be paid if he stays in the NRL, OR some sort of settlement has been negotiated significantly lowering the damages bill he faces...

Remember we are talking about a bloke who couldn't even afford the lawyers to represent him at the civil trial and possibly at least get the damages bill significantly reduced, so he didn't even contest it.

A $1.6m debt probably doesn't look quite so daunting if you are on $400k plus a year and if you can prove you're worth it, will be for maybe 10+ years?

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.