MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
If we keep waiting for someone better than Wayne to come along and replace him then we will never get rid of Wayne. He'll be coach until he is 100.

There is no other coach in the game that has accomplished what he has so we will never find someone with a resume as good as his.

And quite frankly that whole "we can't replace him because there is no one better" is a bullshit excuse. The Broncos just need to find someone that has what it takes to be an NRL coach and can bring a new approach, a modern approach.

It's not a bullshit excuse Freak, but I do understand where you are coming from

Wayne is the greatest of all time, so clearly we can't wait for someone who is better than that

But what I'm saying is we need to find someone better in the here and now (or at least demonstrates decent potential to be better in the here and now), which won't be someone with 7 premierships under his belt, but maybe shows their class in other ways

It could be a Siebold type, who has shown an ability to reinvent the Rabbits

Or perhaps a Madge who has at least proven he can win the whole thing once

My point was it's not "anybody" is better than Wayne, it's the right person who will be better

You don't sack Wayne without having somebody ready to go

It's not a bullshit excuse Freak, but I do understand where you are coming from

Wayne is the greatest of all time, so clearly we can't wait for someone who is better than that

But what I'm saying is we need to find someone better in the here and now (or at least demonstrates decent potential to be better in the here and now), which won't be someone with 7 premierships under his belt, but maybe shows their class in other ways

It could be a Siebold type, who has shown an ability to reinvent the Rabbits

Or perhaps a Madge who has at least proven he can win the whole thing once

My point was it's not "anybody" is better than Wayne, it's the right person who will be better

You don't sack Wayne without having somebody ready to go

There is options surely: Hasler,Toovey,Mcguire, hell even Sheens.

there is only one good suggestion in this list.
None , bellamy was the only one i would've taken. Seibold looks the goods but you just cant tell. Not sure about kevie either, maybe fittler as a out there suggestion .

None , bellamy was the only one i would've taken. Seibold looks the goods but you just cant tell. Not sure about kevie either, maybe fittler as a out there suggestion .

Fittler??? Lol, you'd also need a whole entourage of people just to keep him from making stupid decisions.

Be careful what you wish for @Kyall, Sheens is rubbish. The Broncs would end up with Chris Lawrence as the captain and starting halfback.

Fittler??? Lol, you'd also need a whole entourage of people just to keep him from making stupid decisions.

Thought most people wanted modern . Can't get more modern and extreme as Freddy, he is a good coach imo.

Sick of hearing all the bullshit from the media. Bennet has a contract next year let him see it out then move on. Can’t see many clubs wanting to sign him anyway. Yes his been a great coach but his going to be 70 next year. He’ll only want to go to a club that he thinks can get him a premiership in the next 2 years. All those teams besides Panthers have good coaches

Kevvie would be ok. He has a good relationship with the players.

From publicly announcing that we were chasing to Bellamy, to signing Bird to not renewing Bennett despite not having a suitable replacement, Paul White and co have shat the bed completely.

I fear for our clubs future. I hope dont lose the players we've done so well to build and I hope to god White doesnt bring Griffin back...

Yep.

Only one of them isn't a terrible option. Different doesn't mean better, whether its a coach or the players. If you want a different coach and 17 players every week (Which you seem to beg for in every post) you should support the Titans

Last edited:
From publicly announcing that we were chasing to Bellamy, to signing Bird to not renewing Bennett despite not having a suitable replacement, Paul White and co have shat the bed completely.

I fear for our clubs future. I hope dont lose the players we've done so well to build and I hope to god White doesnt bring Griffin back...
So you're blaming the management for a signing Bennett wanted ....

Never said there wasn't options

Hell, I even listed 2

You may want to read more carefully before replying :)

Hard to disagree with any of that.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • The Don
  • BooKhaki
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • Ondi
  • Stix
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • Culhwch
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.