Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Re: Darius Boyd return?

If Boyd replaced Barba at the back, I would seriously neck myself.

That's pretty fucken serious.

Anyone would be better than Barba

It's only logical they expect Boyd to return to the broncos if Bennett is, he said he only wants to play for Bennett, Bennett obviously rates him. We shouldn't be concerned where he would play, Bennett would do what's best for the team he wouldn't play favourites, we all know he can make the tough calls

For all those who don't want Bennett back in come capacity....why not? He made the culture of this club and give him the right tools he will do the job, Newcastle had a crap roster and off the field was obviously dreadful with all the different factions. With our roster full of potential in youth and veterans and him being happy and settled back in QLD will only be success to the club

It's only logical they expect Boyd to return to the broncos if Bennett is, he said he only wants to play for Bennett, Bennett obviously rates him. We shouldn't be concerned where he would play, Bennett would do what's best for the team he wouldn't play favourites, we all know he can make the tough calls

For all those who don't want Bennett back in come capacity....why not? He made the culture of this club and give him the right tools he will do the job, Newcastle had a crap roster and off the field was obviously dreadful with all the different factions. With our roster full of potential in youth and veterans and him being happy and settled back in QLD will only be success to the club
Bennett has always played favourites, but I wouldn't be against him in a mentoring supervisory role to a new coach. But after 3 years of Griffinball, I definitely don't want Bennettball.

I guess people don't want him back as a head coach because Broncos have to learn how to be a force without him. If they bring him back as a head coach, they will just be back to square one. They will again have to adjust to life without him after he retires or leaves again.

Well, that's why I think they don't want him back as a head coach.

I want him back at the club to mentor a new coach. Possibly do what he was going to do in the first place and mentor Lockyer.

I guess people don't want him back as a head coach because Broncos have to learn how to be a force without him. If they bring him back as a head coach, they will just be back to square one. They will again have to adjust to life without him after he retires or leaves again.

I want him back at the club to mentor a new coach. Possibly do what he was going to do in the first place and mentor Lockyer.

I agree we need to move on or else we would be at square one when he would retire but if became coaching director I would have no problems with that

I'd rather be at square one than square minus six.

I'd rather be at square one than square minus six.

Pretty much. I really don't want Bennett back as a permanent coach either, but I'd take him over Griffin for sure, if we do have to spend time looking for someone decent.

Griffin and Kearney have to go no matter what. Bring in someone creative to be the assistant, someone who understands the modern game.

Pretty much. I really don't want Bennett back as a permanent coach either, but I'd take him over Griffin for sure, if we do have to spend time looking for someone decent.

Griffin and Kearney have to go no matter what. Bring in someone creative to be the assistant, someone who understands the modern game.

Exactly this. Maybe this time the person who does their apprenticeship under him won't take over another club like Bellamy did.

Bennett has always played favourites, but I wouldn't be against him in a mentoring supervisory role to a new coach. But after 3 years of Griffinball, I definitely don't want Bennettball.

Bennettball is just a more advanced version of Griffinball ... i Actually think Griffin would have made a good NRL coach 10 years ago.

I would definitely have Boyd back as a centre if we can't get Khunt back to play there (Copley can be groomed to play in Hodge's position when he retires). I mean, he has to be better than Reed.

Boyd will either come to the broncos or retire. Hopefully it's the latter.

We don't need another fullback, especially not one in as bad form as him, and especially not one with a terrible attitude to go with that terrible form. He's not a winger - he plays there for 3 games a year and has the easiest job of anyone on the field: stay next to inglis and catch the ball when he puts you over the try line untouched. That doesn't make him a good winger, it makes Inglis a great center.

No to Bennett as head coach, definitely no to Boyd coming back. Get Bennett back as coaching director as for some reason his name still draws players. Also don't let him have much say on the squad, because we put up with enough nuffies playing out of position the first time we had Bennett to last us a lifetime.

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Boyd
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt

How do we all feel about Boyd now? Ahaha he was spectacular in that heart breaking loss.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Old Mate
  • rj9
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.