Wayne Bennett wants coaching future sorted

Kent and Ikin stating Broncos have turned down WB's extension request. At least Paul Crawley is in our court/

Give him as long as he wants now. Let him finish on his own terms.

The Anthony Siebold rumour just seems to keep hanging around

Last edited:
If they have turned him down, I don't understand that on the basis of the information known to me. At the moment I am not aware of a known and experienced coach being available for 2020 of a standard that we would throw Bennett on the scrap heap for? Last night on 100% Footy they were pushing the Anthony Seibold rumour again. He is still an unproven quantity in my view. You cannot base anything on 2/3 of a season.

Paul Crawley is a really good bloke giving it to them on nrl 360

If they have turned him down, I don't understand that on the basis of the information known to me. At the moment I am not aware of a known and experienced coach being available for 2020 of a standard that we would throw Bennett on the scrap heap for? Last night on 100% Footy they were pushing the Anthony Seibold rumour again. He is still an unproven quantity in my view. You cannot base anything on 2/3 of a season.
I don’t know what it is about that Neil Breen but he really grinds my gears.

I thought the proposal he put forward to the board was him stepping down as coach at the end of 2019 anyway and becoming director of football or something...

I think during this season was the first time I was losing faith in Wayne’s ability and thought that Wayne’s time with the club as head coach was up. This was primarily because of a number of factors being the inconsistency of the team this season and game management, the roster and cap management of our current list, the stubbornness of not doing something about Darius, guaranteeing Sam Thaiday a first grade jersey even though he was struggling, the fear we might lose some of our talented pack because of Wayne’s living in the past philosophy of under paying for forwards.

Will admit over the last 2 weeks I think he deserves until end of 2020 to end on his terms. We finally looked like a cohesive team again on Friday (tough wood), he has finally made the brave but right move finally to move Boyd from
Fullback, he has moved Korbin Sims on to prioritise our young forwards coming through, Sam Thaiday got the tap on the shoulder, he has caught on that we have to start paying our forwards a decent wage to lock them in and everything looks rosy again. And by all reports Jack Bird is finally on the mend and might be the last piece of the puzzle to even give it a crack this year.

I think during this season was the first time I was losing faith in Wayne’s ability and thought that Wayne’s time with the club as head coach was up. This was primarily because of a number of factors being the inconsistency of the team this season and game management, the roster and cap management of our current list, the stubbornness of not doing something about Darius, guaranteeing Sam Thaiday a first grade jersey even though he was struggling, the fear we might lose some of our talented pack because of Wayne’s living in the past philosophy of under paying for forwards.

Will admit over the last 2 weeks I think he deserves until end of 2020 to end on his terms. We finally looked like a cohesive team again on Friday (tough wood), he has finally made the brave but right move finally to move Boyd from
Fullback, he has moved Korbin Sims on to prioritise our young forwards coming through, Sam Thaiday got the tap on the shoulder, he has caught on that we have to start paying our forwards a decent wage to lock them in and everything looks rosy again. And by all reports Jack Bird is finally on the mend and might be the last piece of the puzzle to even give it a crack this year.

Yeah mate, I had tough wood too.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Behold
  • Maddy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • sooticus
  • Splinter
  • BroncoFan94
  • LittleDavey
  • achievedrap
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bronx48
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • rj9
  • mystico
  • Bish
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.