NEWS Wayne: it's absolute bullshit

Yeh interesting one. Equality of opportunity is not the same thing as equality of outcome however. Just think of basketball, swimming..sprinting... and so on.

My experience with a year of junior rugby league in Brisbane recently was that it might be better going back to what I experienced in junior teams in the 70's... play by weight division rather than age... otherwise I don't see much of an issue with representation really, if Aboriginal and Islander kids are going to dominate then so be it. I think the big issue, and the reason leagues is losing out, is the direction from those at the top of the rugby league tree in this country.. they aren't losing to other sports for any other reason than the leadership sucks compared with rival sports, I just look at how the AFL has expanded in recent decades and how rugby league hasn't.
Yes, on the conflation of equality of opportunity/outcome that manifests itself when HR people think they need to demonstrate representation out on the floor rather than in their applications. It's pretty dumb when you start extrapolating to characteristics other than gender and a couple of skin tones. That's a freak show, not a workplace.

Definitely the weight divisions, the way it used to be. That's a start. But I wouldn't lump Aboriginal and Islander kids in the same category of being big. Or even all Islanders. Most of the best indigenous players are the little blokes like Preston Campbell, Matty Bowen and JT. The type we don't seem to be finding.

Last edited:
There's a rumour going around that the person who dobbed Wayne in might be associated with the Broncos in a head coaching position. You've heard it now, so you're part of it.

now you're just doing Badel's job for him ... at least force him to come up with some things on his own

There's a rumour going around that the person who dobbed Wayne in might be associated with the Broncos in a head coaching position. You've heard it now, so you're part of it.
ADC1406F 9BF7 49C3 8BCD B0CBA36F8502

Active Now

• Adammacca
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Ras
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Gympie devil
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Tim K
  • The Don
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.