NEWS Wayne trolls Brisbane again

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The only thing genuinely newsworthy in the latest puff of smoke about an incoming second Brisbane team - possibly based on the recent merger of the Ipswich Jets and Bombers - is Broncos' founding coach Wayne Bennett officially not ruling out throwing his hat into the ring:

“I’m contracted to Souths for this year and then after that I’m a free agent. I’ve got nowhere to go (in 2022). I haven’t done any deals with anyone. I haven’t agreed to anything. There’s a number of strong applicants bidding to become Brisbane’s second team and they will need a coach, so I won’t rule anything out.”

“The Crushers tried to be like the Broncos when they came in and they died very quickly. What a second Brisbane team needs is a long-term plan. If they go looking for quick fixes or quick results, they will struggle. And the other thing is not to look over their shoulder trying to be better than the Broncos or Titans. They have to forge their own identity and not fall into the stupidity of trying to be like the Broncos. My No.1 priority is to get through the season with Souths. I want to finish on a good note here."

“But I know how to build teams and what makes successful clubs work."

“There is no coach in the game who has spent more time in the game at a high level than myself. I have played or coached for the past 57 years. I was part of setting up the Brisbane Broncos, so I know what it would take to set up a second Brisbane team.”

31844552 0 image a 13 1597194021518

Wayne sees it. Wayne grabs it.

Brisbane Jets bid representative Nick Livermore fans the flames:

“One of the fundamentals of a new team is it must have a winning record in its first season. You look at what the Broncos achieved in their inaugural year in 1988. They came out and belted the defending premiers and made a statement to the rugby league world. Wayne has been there and done everything. He has the old-school ability to connect with young men and get the best out of them. We will be a cutting-edge sporting franchise. Wayne won’t be around forever so we want a mentorship program for some young names like the Walker boys (former Ipswich coaches Ben and Shane) to come through underneath his system.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Must have been for the Ipswich Jets.

yeah so that bit Wayne said about not looking over their shoulder at the Broncos.. it ain’t off to a good start 😄
0BE8E38E A40D 42DC 88D6 C4732D16E8CB

So the whole bullshit about any new team will be about creating new fans and not taking on the Broncos that PV crapped on about lasted a longer time. What a **** that fuckhead is.

I'd find it hard to not Follow the Dolphins if they got the nod.

I reckon the Jets will be about 35% Ipswich fans, 65% interstate fans that will give up their own club just to support someone local that isn't the Broncos, purely to hate on

They shouldn't be called Brisbane as well either

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Robboi_321
  • Locky24
  • Griffo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Kev_Guz
  • scobie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.