NEWS Wayne trolls Brisbane again

is there any real value bringing in one team,its not like it adds another game?

This post is not aimed at anyone here, just my thoughts on what makes a supporter.
It's cheering through the good times, sticking by them in the bad.
No longer supporting the club you've followed for years just because a new shiny one comes along in the same area?
Go for it, but don't try telling me you're a supporter of the club.
Nothing wrong with having a soft spot for the new guys if you want, and hoping they smash the NSWanker teams, but not jumping ship.

This post is not aimed at anyone here, just my thoughts on what makes a supporter.
No longer supporting the club you've followed for years just because a new shiny one comes along in the same area?
Nothing wrong with having a soft spot for the new guys if you want, and hoping they smash the NSWanker teams, but not jumping ship.
And what is your proposed punishment or retribution for apostasy, Mr John 14:20?

Last edited:
The last line in your post sums it up for me. I will be "supporting" the new team except when they play the Broncos and the Cowboys ( who have been my second team for a long time). Despite the clusterfuck of the last two seasons I remain a loyal Broncos supporter. (Have been a season ticket holder since 1998 and regularly went to games before then.)
I am more than happy to have another Qld based team to stick it to the NSWanker teams.

My primary team has always been the Broncos and nothing will change. I'll always cheer on a qld team, Titans and any new team I'll hope does well. **** the cowboys though. They're dead to me🌝

I couldn’t care less about the new team and especially if it is called Brisbane 2 essentially. If it were Redcliffe, Ipswich or Whatever, then I’d be a little interested. I won’t be supporting them as I don’t care about any team other than the Broncs and to a far lesser extent, Newcastle.

I'm a northside guy so if it was the Dolphins I'd definitely adopt them as my second team, but I'm a bit lukewarm on the Jets. Good luck to them, though, if they do end up in the comp.

is there any real value bringing in one team,its not like it adds another game?

depends on your definition of the word "value"

a second Brisbane team isn't being brought in because is adds anything to the comp in the slightest. there is one reason and one reason only they are expanding the comp by one single team .... and that's because the Sydney centric N(SW)RL are upset that the we significantly out perform every other club in the comp (off the field) ... they think this will drag us down to their level. which is exactly how the NRL works, drag the top performing teams down to the lowest level, rather than vice versa (which is how it should be).

the only way expanding the comp adds actual value is by adding 2 teams, so you get the extra game each week and you can then charge more for the TV rights.

So long as it’s Redcliffe, I’m ok with it. Maybe then the local clubs will drop their allegiances with the Storm, Raiders etc and stay local

And what is your proposed punishment or retribution for apostasy, Mr John 14:20?
I prefer Austin 3:16, especially when we apply it to the Storm, Manly, Eels, and Titans. Add Benny and the Jets to that list and life will be nice.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Professor47
  • cento
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Locky24
  • Griffo
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.