We need another good prop

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Mose Masoe comes up every time he's off contract. He hasn't had the best season though from what I've heard.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Pauli Pauli, Mike Cooper and John Asiata would all be worth having a look at.

I rate Pauli Pauli and Cooper highly but Sam Burgess would be the best - was one of my few non-Broncos favourite players.

Like Webcke, and Parker, for mine he is one of the very few true, and best forwards around.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
We could sign Surgess on a minumum wage contract and get the NRL to use its discretionary funding to top him up. I mean, that money is for every club and not just for a select few in Sydney, right?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We could sign Surgess on a minumum wage contract and get the NRL to use its discretionary funding to top him up. I mean, that money is for every club and not just for a select few in Sydney, right?

I don't know but he would make the most incredible forward signing. Such a nice fantasy.

And we could get Blair to teach him some tricks of the trade! Ah, let me re-phrase that ...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I don't know but he would make the most incredible forward signing. Such a nice fantasy.

And we could get Blair to teach him some tricks of the trade! Ah, let me re-phrase that ...

Sam would probably tell Bennett to tear up Blairs contract after only a few days. I think Blair is just really fucking lazy and has a bad attitude in general.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
there are 2 front rowers on the list that the warriors have that would be great long term assets.

The first guy is nathaniel petteru, he is coming back from a serious leg injury last year.. Once fit and firing again this guy can seriously play.. Big, mobile and has ball skills. I think he is only 23 this year.

The pick of the crop though is Albert Vete, this guy is a beast. He is big, fast, has a great motor can play long minutes and if I was putting together a team.. This guy would be the anchor in the front row, I know the warriors have earmarked him as their long term option with matulino, but if i had cash and needed a group 1 fronty i would go for this kid... i think he has only played a handful of first grade games and is only 22 this year as well. You wait and see when he has 50 or 60 under his belt.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Herman Ese'ese is another one that I would be keeping my eye on as well.. highly rated youngster with the bulldogs, who debuted recently, he has been killing nsw cup in sydney. I think he is only 21 this year as well.
He played junior footy at norths devils in brisbane.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Herman Ese'ese is another one that I would be keeping my eye on as well.. highly rated youngster with the bulldogs, who debuted recently, he has been killing nsw cup in sydney. I think he is only 21 this year as well.
He played junior footy at norths devils in brisbane.

Herman Hesse?

Sign him immediately. He can also write the press releases.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Yeah Vete looked quality from what I saw when the Warriors played us! I think we definitely should look for another quality foward, I do see Ofahengaue as a long-term prospect but I couldn't confidently say that about any other prop on our books, Gavet and Dodds injury history is not pretty and with Parker retiring in 2 years or so time, McGuire might find himself in the 13 unless someone else comes along - in that case we do need to look at another good prop.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Honestly, if we're going to sign a prop, it has to be an established first grader that can be a leader in the pack. That's what Blair was meant to bring, but he really hasn't brought that.

We have some good young props we can develop.. We should focus on getting one that already is.

Last edited:
Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Honestly, if we're going to sign a prop, it has to be an established first grader that can be a leader in the pack. That's what Blair was meant to bring, but he really hasn't brought that.

We have some good young props we can develop.. We should focus on getting one that already is.

We do have McGuire.

FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

QCup Player
Nov 7, 2013
I think once Parker retires McGuire will end up being lock. So hopefully Wayne will get us some front rowers!

U

unnerv1ng

NYC Player
Mar 19, 2014
Luke Page is a machine. Micky Paea is desperately looking to get out of England. I think he may be worth an investment.

U

unnerv1ng

NYC Player
Mar 19, 2014
I do think with another pre-season we can expect a lot more out of Ofa. And WB seems to be easing Molo into first grade. I see these guys filling right out over the next 18 months.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.