Well done Hodges

T

Tiger_Woods

BRL Player
Dec 23, 2008
Threads
7
32
0
Best game since 05? I think so.
If his head is in the right spot, he is the best centre in the game no question
Am I only the one that think he's one of the quickest over 100 at the club?
I have never recalled Hodges being run down
 
L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Threads
5
865
0
Yea he had a great game and I think he done well at keeping his head in the game and not snapping as it looked like he was going to a few times. Hodges definetly showed some great pace in running down that dragon (forgot who it was). Letts hope he can keep it up. Im sick of people laughing at me when i say Hodges is one of the best centres.
 
Nashy

Nashy

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
1,457
47,692
23,971
What? I must have watched a different Hodges.

He still does those stupid little runs where he looks at the line for a few seconds then does nothing, he still doesn't pass to his f'in winger, he still milks penalties, and I'm hoping we can go back to the team of the last 3 weeks without him.

Really want the match review lot to pickup on his blatant high tackle from behind where he hung off the neck of a Dragons player who was on his way.
 
Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
25
1,002
3
Hodges was ok but add holding down defenders when tackled to try and draw the penalty to the list of things he needs to stop doing.

It's fucking obvious Justin and no referee is going to fall for it.
 
T

Tiger_Woods

BRL Player
Dec 23, 2008
Threads
7
32
0
Hodges will always try and milk penalties. That won't ever change. But he was easily the best back last night. Never stopped trying
 
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
799
28,228
28,596
Nashy said:
What? I must have watched a different Hodges.

He still does those stupid little runs where he looks at the line for a few seconds then does nothing, he still doesn't pass to his f'in winger, he still milks penalties, and I'm hoping we can go back to the team of the last 3 weeks without him.

Really want the match review lot to pickup on his blatant high tackle from behind where he hung off the neck of a Dragons player who was on his way.

what do you mean he doesn't pass to his winger? in the dragons game, the first try for Folau was a pass from Hodges. the disallowed Folau try (which i still maintain was a try) was also from a pass from Hodges. and i can recall more passes from Hodges to Folau.
 
R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
Threads
4
697
0
Tiger_Woods said:
Best game since 05? I think so.
If his head is in the right spot, he is the best centre in the game no question
Am I only the one that think he's one of the quickest over 100 at the club?
I have never recalled Hodges being run down

best game since 05 :shock: He was the most devstating centre in the game for all of 06 and 07!!!
 
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
92
4,316
537
failed_2.jpg


He was ok.. hardly his best game since 05 rofl. Tried to milk penalties instead of playing the ball, and more useless dummy half runs than usual
 
T

Tiger_Woods

BRL Player
Dec 23, 2008
Threads
7
32
0
QUEENSLANDER said:
failed_2.jpg


He was ok.. hardly his best game since 05 rofl. Tried to milk penalties instead of playing the ball, and more useless dummy half runs than usual


LOL @ the photo. Where you get that photo from? LOL FUNNY SHIET!
 
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
1,295
26,851
12,651
I don't understand the amount of stick Hodges gets on here, i think it's a bit of a joke really.

So what if he attempts to milk penalty's? It's only going to benefit the team.

Doesn't pass to his winger? That's a myth IMO.

He is a devastating player for us and people should start giving him some credit.

Any other team in the competition would be delighted to have him.

He is ten times the player that our other centre is.
 
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
92
4,316
537
When our other centre is Michaels, thats not hard lol

I do agree he is a devastating player, but the end of last year and this year so far, all he does is get the ball at a stand still, look at the defense and try walk through them. The milking of the penalties doesnt benefit the team at all! He doesnt get penalties, instead he just slows the play the ball down for us.
 
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
443
31,212
1,883
Foordy said:
Nashy said:
What? I must have watched a different Hodges.

He still does those stupid little runs where he looks at the line for a few seconds then does nothing, he still doesn't pass to his f'in winger, he still milks penalties, and I'm hoping we can go back to the team of the last 3 weeks without him.

Really want the match review lot to pickup on his blatant high tackle from behind where he hung off the neck of a Dragons player who was on his way.

what do you mean he doesn't pass to his winger? in the dragons game, the first try for Folau was a pass from Hodges. the disallowed Folau try (which i still maintain was a try) was also from a pass from Hodges. and i can recall more passes from Hodges to Folau.

He bombed that no try. He should've passed earlier but no, tried to be glory boy.

Still same old Hodges. Played well, sure, but his selfishness stopped it being a GREAT performance.
 
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
1,295
26,851
12,651
Coxy said:
He bombed that no try. He should've passed earlier but no, tried to be glory boy.

Not having that.

Had he passed earlier, Folau would have been taken into touch or tackled.

Hodges made the right decision, i think Folau was a little slow in coming back on the inside in support. Still, it was a try regardless. Referee got it wrong.
 
Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
57
1,590
11
It sucks how we can't get all our players to fire at the same time, when we do we win the premiership! (ALA 06)
Hodges, Locky, Thaiday - those three were instrumental towards our run and eventual victory.
Arguably hodges was even better in 07, he had a stormer of a year - just unlucky our team was in the shitter towards the end there... he hasn't picked up that form since, only shown glimpses.
 
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
443
31,212
1,883
Well as I said to Aeetee at the time, that's just karma for the Wallace try two weeks ago.
 
Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
57
1,590
11
ningnangnong said:
Coxy said:
He bombed that no try. He should've passed earlier but no, tried to be glory boy.

Not having that.

Had he passed earlier, Folau would have been taken into touch or tackled.

Hodges made the right decision, i think Folau was a little slow in coming back on the inside in support. Still, it was a try regardless. Referee got it wrong.


I'm with you but I'll live with the ref decision. You dont want to see it in a GF but round 4 its OK.

Hodges made the right decision. Excellent D from Boyd who has always been a strong defender. He has pace as well. I'm more suprised Hodges didn't go for his infamous step, he could have left Body in no mans land there - Or was someone inside?
 
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
156
21,346
3,163
Hodges was good but wasn't anywhere near as good as he was in 06/07. Still only his second game back from shoulder surgery though so I think he will get better.
 
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Mar 26, 2008
Threads
79
6,632
4,315
Coxy said:
Foordy said:
Nashy said:
What? I must have watched a different Hodges.

He still does those stupid little runs where he looks at the line for a few seconds then does nothing, he still doesn't pass to his f'in winger, he still milks penalties, and I'm hoping we can go back to the team of the last 3 weeks without him.

Really want the match review lot to pickup on his blatant high tackle from behind where he hung off the neck of a Dragons player who was on his way.

what do you mean he doesn't pass to his winger? in the dragons game, the first try for Folau was a pass from Hodges. the disallowed Folau try (which i still maintain was a try) was also from a pass from Hodges. and i can recall more passes from Hodges to Folau.

He bombed that no try. He should've passed earlier but no, tried to be glory boy.



Still same old Hodges. Played well, sure, but his selfishness stopped it being a GREAT performance.

yeah agree Coxy, he could be so much better if he wasn't as greedy.
 

Tipping Ladder

  • ivanhungryjak
    120.00 pts

    ivanhungryjak

    • Correct picks
      120 out of 168
  • tommy
    120.00 pts

    tommy

    • Correct picks
      120 out of 168
  • Waynesaurus
    120.00 pts

    Waynesaurus

    • Correct picks
      120 out of 168
  • RolledOates
    118.00 pts

    RolledOates

    • Correct picks
      118 out of 168
  • Harry Sack
    117.00 pts

    Harry Sack

    • Correct picks
      117 out of 168

Forum statistics

Threads
19,503
Messages
1,253,353
Members
1,673
Latest member
Saalmeister09

Members online

  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Maddy
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • westy316
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Clintos
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Organix
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Aaron Grant
  • Tinnie66
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
... and 9 more.
Team P W L PD Pts
21 18 3 298 38
21 15 6 208 32
21 15 6 137 32
21 14 7 211 30
21 13 8 134 28
21 13 8 69 28
21 13 8 28 28
21 12 9 121 26
21 11 10 -31 24
21 9 12 -28 20
21 9 12 -132 20
21 6 15 -141 14
21 6 15 -213 14
21 6 15 -252 14
21 4 17 -196 10
21 4 17 -213 10
Top
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.