What now for 2019?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Now that his future is settled, will Wayne's heart be in it? Or will he be too busy organizing his foundation at Souths to worry about how we are doing.

We've already seen that Wayne is susceptible to off field distractions. First it was Alex McKinnon/off field dramas at Newcastle, then it was his private life hitting the headlines up here. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I had high hopes for our performance next year given the quality youth that are beginning to mature, now I haven't got a clue what to expect.

Last edited:
He won't be here in 2019

It doesnt make a lot of sense for him to stay, but at the same time, if Wayne wants to stay then its going to make things akward with the backing he has from the players. They love him, and if we boot him out i'd say there could be issues in the future.

It doesnt make a lot of sense for him to stay, but at the same time, if Wayne wants to stay then its going to make things akward with the backing he has from the players. They love him, and if we boot him out i'd say there could be issues in the future.

I'm not so sure that we would push him out the door in 2019 unless he wants to leave. Seibold would have known that he was going for the job in 2020.

He already has been pushed, the damage is done.

Imagine how much heat seibold will cop if the broncos don’t win their first 2 games with him as coach...

No way Souths have the $ to sign Jimmy , they have Gagai on massive money , GI other centre and AJ fb on a long term deal

Last edited:
He's still got his marching orders

He has? I dont see it, not until his contract expires. He has a contract to do a job until the end of 2019. He is still under that contract. After that we dont want him. Dont really think an expiring contract is the same as sacking somebody.

It will be interesting to see if we have the balls to send him on his way for next year.

He has? I dont see it, not until his contract expires. He has a contract to do a job until the end of 2019. He is still under that contract. After that we dont want him. Dont really think an expiring contract is the same as sacking somebody.

It will be interesting to see if we have the balls to send him on his way for next year.

Really? Bennett wanted an extension and they said no . So in others words "sorry on ya bike " . How is that not being told to move on , just because he didn't get his contract terminated.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • maddo
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.