What now for 2019?

He still studied at Harvard.

1 day course, 4 day course, a course that takes months or years, it doesn't matter. It's still studying because you're devoting time and attention to gain knowledge.

He didn't go there just to look around the place.

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct.

No, you have to do more than just study to become a pilot...

But he enrolled in a course and went there to learn, that is called studying. The definition of the word says it's studying, and the guy is a teacher himself so I think he would know what studying is.
You have to do more than a four day course that is located in a room at Harvard to say you have studied at Harvard University. I played footy at Suncorp Stadium when I was 9. I’m not a Brisbane Broncos player.

Yeah but is it better than a Diploma from Sunshine TAFE?

I never said sacked, i said marched. As in no your not coaching us any longer.
Is this a pommy thing mate ? We seem to be going round in circles.

But he is coaching us. Right now, the coach of the Brisbane Broncos coach is Wayne Bennett. Nobody is marching him anywhere. And when his contract ends, that's the end of his tenure and he still isn't being marched anywhere. Its the end of his contract. We don't have any obligation to renew it just like in any other business.

Don't really know what it's got to do with coming from an English background either. It's not difficult to understand. You can't march anyone without a contract anywhere. I contract people to do work for me, but i don't tell them to buzz off when they are done. It's just a job. Sometimes I use them again, sometimes I don't. That's all Brisbane are doing, choosing not to use Wayne after his contract is up. I really don't see it as anything more.

Maybe we just didn't send any bright convicts down under?

Who really gives a shit if he studied at Harvard ...

If the guy know how to get teams to win footy games then I personally couldn't care less if he went to Harvard or dropped out of school in the 10th grade

If the guy know how to get teams to win footy games then I personally couldn't care less if he went to Harvard or dropped out of school in the 10th grade
It’s been a talking point throughout the day with Broncos fans. That’s why I brought it up. Is that ok with you?

Are we putting shit on our new coach and he hasn’t started yet?

No way Souths have the $ to sign Jimmy , they have Gagai on massive money , GI other centre and AJ fb on a long-term deal
If we are talking 2020, GI might retire, freeing up the money for roberts. They possibly could make room for tpj too by then. We will still be in a pretty good spot, players wise, but I'd expect to lose a couple of them.
It happens every time a coach switches clubs. If they have been unsuccessful, it's usually some older players or fringe players the old coach favoured. When a successful coach leaves he has a lot more pull, because he is seen as sure bet, with a proven relationship, versus an unknown quantity, without the repore or understanding of the old coach.

As both coaches are now confirmed as replacing each other I don't understand why the clubs just don't swap now and avoid a wasted year of potential coach and (some) players being not fully committed. As much as I love Benny, he now has a full year with free access to our whole playing group. He'd be stark raving mad if he was not taking steps to help ensure his tenure at Souths had as much a chance as possible. This would include trying to secure the services of our best players.

I really give a shit. Happy to know you don't though.

But he is coaching us. Right now, the coach of the Brisbane Broncos coach is Wayne Bennett. Nobody is marching him anywhere. And when his contract ends, that's the end of his tenure and he still isn't being marched anywhere. Its the end of his contract. We don't have any obligation to renew it just like in any other business.

Don't really know what it's got to do with coming from an English background either. It's not difficult to understand. You can't march anyone without a contract anywhere. I contract people to do work for me, but i don't tell them to buzz off when they are done. It's just a job. Sometimes I use them again, sometimes I don't. That's all Brisbane are doing, choosing not to use Wayne after his contract is up. I really don't see it as anything more.

Maybe we just didn't send any bright convicts down under?

Wow ! Maybe you should get on your bike and go home. It's got nothing to do with his contract? Me telling you that you're not wanted here down under with us convicts, means you're not wanted here . So in essence you're being marched, on ya way govenor!

Wow ! Maybe you should get on your bike and go home. It's got nothing to do with his contract? Me telling you that you're not wanted here down under with us convicts, means you're not wanted here . So in essence you're being marched, on ya way govenor!

Hmmm, so it's fine for you to bring up my background but you don't like a bit of banter back? Maybe don't give it out like that if you can't handle it back and maybe don't take things people say so seriously because I certainly don't and I've said so many times before.

I'll leave it there.

You alright @pagey ? You’re never usually this bent up over anything. Wolfie is a good guy round these parts. Surely you know that?

It's all good, like I always say, I don't take things seriously. I was just having a bit of a light hearted dig back.

I went to parliament house in primary school to learn about the government, so I think that technically makes me the prime minister.

Unless the parliament house was in Canberra, I have bad news for you Anastasia, you're Premier.

As stubborn as I am, I'm starting to make a slow but sure U-turn towards the coaches swapping for 2019.

While I would LOVE, in fact I yearn for, Bennett to win one final premiership with us, I think the risk is too great for our future.

While I don't believe that he would in any way compromise our 2019 season (in fact I am sure he would absolutely bust his guts, do everything possible, to have us win), all bets are off for 2020. And you know the old fox will be planning ahead. There are a heap of players that he can potentially take with him. However, with all but TPJ re-signed for 2019, unless the club grants immediate releases, they'll all have at least one year under Seibold. It might just be enough for some of them to see that a Broncos + Seibold future is in fact viable, and is an environment that has potential for great success.

SJ’s apparently on the market. Would probably be impossible to get him cap wise without Roosters accountants, but if we got him we’d almost certainly win the comp.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • mrslong
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • Justwin
  • Financeguy
  • azza.79
  • Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Rah88
  • broncsgoat
  • Big Del
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.