What now for 2019?

SJ’s apparently on the market. Would probably be impossible to get him cap wise without Roosters accountants, but if we got him we’d almost certainly win the comp.
Shaun Johnson? I've always been a huge fan, put him in a good consistent team and he could be a superstar.
If the Warriors are willing to subsidise part of his salary, I'd sign him in a heart beat.

SJ’s apparently on the market. Would probably be impossible to get him cap wise without Roosters accountants, but if we got him we’d almost certainly win the comp.

then we'll just have to sign them as well ... that way we can sign SJ with the money freed up by Opacic leaving

then we'll just have to sign them as well ... that way we can sign SJ with the money freed up by Opacic leaving

Yeah Allen too. I heard we have cap space left over from when Hodges and Parker retired.

Shaun Johnson? I've always been a huge fan, put him in a good consistent team and he could be a superstar.
If the Warriors are willing to subsidise part of his salary, I'd sign him in a heart beat.

Give the Warriors Kodi, and a million bucks. Whatever. Just get SJ here.

That doesn’t sound good if he’s gonna just take the piss
Like or hate Wayne you have to give him credit, he usually wins the media/mind game battles. I wish we had just signed him for the extra year but I say this without knowing what was going on at the club.

Now he is at Souths in 2020, Broncos are in the position where they have to move him to avoid the risk (however small) that he poisons the well. No choice but to lose the perceived moral high ground and pay him out.

No offence, but if I was Wayne, I would intentionally sabotage the club as a big "**** u" to the board and aim for a 13th or lower placed finish. I would then convince Boyd, TPJ, Oates and Lodge to join at Souths. Finally I would set the club up for failure Knights style for the foreseeable future.

Tbh I am preparing myself for the absolute worst should the above happen and we do perform poorly next year. Oh and **** the start of next season. No chance of a win till round 4.

Putting all your eggs on Seibold is also a stupid thing to do. He could be a 1 year wonder for all we know.

No offence, but if I was Wayne, I would intentionally sabotage the club as a big "**** u" to the board and aim for a 13th or lower placed finish. I would then convince Boyd, TPJ, Oates and Lodge to join at Souths. Finally I would set the club up for failure Knights style for the foreseeable future.

Tbh I am preparing myself for the absolute worst should the above happen and we do perform poorly next year. Oh and **** the start of next season. No chance of a win till round 4.

Putting all your eggs on Seibold is also a stupid thing to do. He could be a 1 year wonder for all we know.

lucky for us Wayne is more professional than you.

Lol, that's crazy talk. Wayne hasn't become what he is by being petty.

Who are you, ISIS?

Bennett signed with the Dragons in April and he didn't destroy the Broncos on the way out and only took Boyd who was off-contract and not wanted. Hickmans and Barker will leave so that will be two holes to fill and JD's contract ends at the end of 2019 so that will be up to the new coach if he stays or goes.

Wayne had the opportunity to sabotage the Broncos in 2008.

The Broncos were going to get rid of him, but he quit before they could. But he kept coaching the Broncos like nothing had even happened.

The bloke may be past it coaching wise, but he isn't a petty child.

Unread

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • GCBRONCO
  • mitch222
  • achievedrap
  • Justwin
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
  • davidp
  • Skathen
  • jarro65
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Matheos
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.