What now for 2019?

More inclined to think that Wayne will bust his arse to win another title with us tbh. Surely that's more of a "**** you" to the clubs management? "Get that up ya!!! You ***** got rid of the current premiership winning coach" Far more believable than him acting like a petty child and adds another notch to his legacy. I am concerned about him having a year to be in the players ears though, no doubt.

Wayne had the opportunity to sabotage the Broncos in 2008.

The Broncos were going to get rid of him, but he quit before they could. But he kept coaching the Broncos like nothing had even happened.

The bloke may be past it coaching wise, but he isn't a petty child.

I know Bennett has been great for a very long time and loves being known as the master manipulator of the media but underneath all that he can be a really pompous old prick.

He will probably win us a premiership then leave and take our best young forwards with him and win the bunnies a premiership while we don’t make the 8.

He will probably win us a premiership then leave and take our best young forwards with him and win the bunnies a premiership while we don’t make the 8.

Yeah or he will go to the Bunnies next year and continue to not win premierships for 3 more years.

One concern I have with Seibold is that so far his recruitment and retention has consisted of him losing Angus Crichton for a bunch of reserves.

Managing a roster is such an important art-form of coaching.

One concern I have with Seibold is that so far his recruitment and retention has consisted of him losing Angus Crichton for a bunch of reserves.

Managing a roster is such an important art-form of coaching.

Wayne brought Boyd back to Brisbane who we didn't need, then signed Bird on huge money who we didn't need. You can credit TPJ and Lodge to him if you wish, but theirs are unique cases. Lodge wanted Bennett's guidance to get his life in order and TPJ came here of his own accord because Ricky "genius" Stuart didn't want him. So all in all I can't really come into bat for Wayne when it comes to roster management these days. Our two best signings of his 2nd tenure fell into his lap.

Wayne brought Boyd back to Brisbane who we didn't need, then signed Bird on huge money who we didn't need. You can credit TPJ and Lodge to him if you wish, but theirs are unique cases. Lodge wanted Bennett's guidance to get his life in order and TPJ came here of his own accord because Ricky "genius" Stuart didn't want him. So all in all I can't really come into bat for Wayne when it comes to roster management these days. Our two best signings of his 2nd tenure fell into his lap.

Bennett wasn't perfect, but he brought a lot of quality players to the club which has played a key factor in the Broncos remaining a finals-bound side. He was also a clear improvement on Ivan Henjak & Anthony Griffin in this department.

Based on his first season, Anthony Seibold's recruitment has left something to be desired.

Losing a player to Easts doesn’t count though tbh. Add to that he was a former rah-rah. Tailor-made for the Rorters

TPJ came because he wanted to play for Bennett. Lodge and Roberts are also here because of the influence of Bennett. Payne Haas wanted to come to Brisbane because of a chat he had with Bennett where he felt there was a good connection. These blokes just dont fall into our lap. We have good structures, good support and i know from speaking with a few guys i know who have left us for other clubs, we look after our players better than any other NRL club in Australia.

And don’t forget the ash Taylor debacle. I’m not Taylor’s biggest fan but that whole situation was ridiculous.

Losing a player to Easts doesn’t count though tbh. Add to that he was a former rah-rah. Tailor-made for the Rorters

I don't blame him losing Crichton, I blame him for not signing an adequate replacement.

I’m hoping when Bennett leaves and tries to take the guts of our playing roster, he takes all his one eyed supporters as well.

I don't blame him losing Crichton, I blame him for not signing an adequate replacement.

Who’s to say how long he’s known he wasn’t going to be there?(assuming he won’t be)

Also you have Surgess to move there with Murray playing lock. Sure along with Clark leaving it shortens their quality forward stocks, but i think Crichton’s a touch overrated still. I mean he’s going to look fantastic at the Chooks still don’t get me wrong

Haha our player retention and recruitment has been horrible over the last few years. Wayne has been no small part of that. It is a major talking point for all of our fans on this very forum. I'm not worried about Seibold losing Crighton to the cap cheats.

Who’s to say how long he’s known he wasn’t going to be there?(assuming he won’t be)

Also you have Surgess to move there with Murray playing lock. Sure along with Clark leaving it shortens their quality forward stocks, but i think Crichton’s a touch overrated still. I mean he’s going to look fantastic at the Chooks still don’t get me wrong

Well, Bellamy signed with Melbourne in mid-June, so that gave him 6 months to find an adequate replacement. Afterwards I'm sure his focus would have been elsewhere, so he can be cut some slack, but not all.

I don't buy Sam as a long term second row. Crichton could be inconsistent (he started 2018 slowly), but he was a pillar of the Rabbitohs attack and was one of the most destructive second rows in the competition.

It just doesn't speak to Seibold's ability to build a roster, which I believe he's going to have to do to some extent at the Broncos. The talent is there but there's still key positions that need to be sorted out.

Last edited:

October 8 the three interviewers flew to Sydney to interview Seibold.

Well, Bellamy signed with Melbourne in mid-June, so that gave him 6 months to find an adequate replacement. Afterwards I'm sure his focus would have been elsewhere, so he can be cut some slack, but not all.

I don't buy Sam as a long term second row. Crichton could be inconsistent (he started 2018 slowly), but he was a pillar of the Rabbitohs attack and was one of the most destructive second rows in the competition.

It just doesn't speak to Seibold's ability to build a roster, which I believe he's going to have to do to some extent at the Broncos. The talent is there but there's still key positions that need to be sorted out.

Do you ever really get to build much year one? Normally your first year you're stuck with what you have and year two and three are your bringing in years and changing what you want.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • mrtij
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tim K
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.