When do clubs need to develop?

Considering the NRL is having a difficult time convincing kids in NSW and Queensland to participate I'd say absolutely it's the NRL's fault. It's an issue across the game, it's just more pronounced in Victoria because Aussie Rules has existed far longer as a sport.

Game has lost 12,000 males playing since 2015- 8% drop.

QRL had their highest in six years up to 62,000 so Queensland has improved over the same time frame.

NSW is having massive issues with 13-18 year old- Qld went up 6% in that age bracket.

Even if we're going to go down this path, 2013 was 9 years ago. So if we assume that the NRL/News Limited were holding back the Storm, then it would be fair to suggest by this same logic, that we should see an influx of juniors soon, because Melbourne can now do what they wanted to do all this time but were hamstrung...

....right?
I'd expect things to get better and they already have with the Victorian Thunderbolts participating in the NSW junior competitions. We've already seen some results with it as well with Dean Ieremia coming through at Melbourne but I'm not sure if they have anymore in the immediate horizon.

It's still going to be a slow process and I still expect them to rely on the Sunshine Coast & Easts/Brisbane but that's the reality of expansion teams. Even with everything the AFL has done, they're still relying heavily on talent from those heartland areas.

I was pretty new to the game and I thought I got him. He/they didn’t.
Yeah...they're pretty big on the honesty system. A bit like cricket.......

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.