Where are the Stats experts here?

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012
I would like to know a few statistics about penalties and if there is anyone out there who can help out I would appreciate it.

The stats I would be most interested in are the following -

• How many penalties are/were given in the regular season for 2013
  • How many penalties were given in 2012
  • How many penalties were given on average per game, 5 and then 10 years ago?

How often were teams awarded 5 or more penalties in a row for the above mentioned years?

Although people have bagged referees since the beginning of time, I think they are now influencing the results more than ever with constant blowing of the whistle and this last year it seems 3, 4 or even 6 in a row are given to a team very often. That tells me that either the coaches are telling their players to infringe regardless of the outcome, or the referees are losing more control and common sense in letting a game flow.

Either way, I find it is really beginning to ruin a game and it is becoming more and more like the NFL with stop start stop start.

Or is it the fools running the game that are introducing way too many touchy feely rules that are forcing the referees to constantly blow their whistle?

See I reckon this all comes back to the wrestle. Let me just say I hate extra work once tackle is made. Look a the roosters penalized up the wazoo , yet minor premiers, broncos , heaps less penalties , yet , exhausted at the back end of games. Solution. Wrestle more, give away more penalties , recover more, win more games. question , when was the last time you watched the broncos and thought the opponent weren't lying all over us in ruck , you know in comparison to us . Answer . Never

Exactly. Not only in tackling but the 10m rule. How many times did I see the Broncos marched back beyond the 10m when the other team were inside. It's not only happening to us though. The amount of times I see the top 4 sides inside the 10 and not get penalised is quite large. One of the news articles touched on this, that the refs are reluctant to call a penalty when teams are inside the 10m. They would almost have to do it every set. My reply is, then do it every frigging set!!!! After about the 10th penalty the team would get the hint and stop doing it.

Dead on [MENTION=8408]hidethesuspect[/MENTION] - in my line of work we have a saying: "What you walk past is what you condone". Same for the refs - what they don't penalise, they are accepting, so next time it will get pushed a little further, until the line is crossed where the ref has had enough.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Stix
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • whykickamoocow
  • Maddy
  • marw
  • broncotville
  • Foordy
  • Griffo
  • Galah
  • johnyE
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.