Where has all the money gone?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
If im correct all the NRL does is set the cap and make sure you dont go over it. where the money for the cap comes from is up to your club. if you can only afford 3mil then your down on the rest of the teams.

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Caniffe said:
Burg - I'm not sure I agree with your comment about hoarding the cash for shareholders. I thought the NRL doesn't pay the money out if you don't spend the cap?
More out of frustration then of reality that comment was

T

tallis12

NYC Player
Mar 10, 2008
I think Brisbane should definitely be looking at some prop forwards for next year.

Unfortunately alot of the decent ones have resigned with their clubs, but there should still be a fair few FG props on the market ?

Anyone know any decent props off contract this season ?

And remember Lockyer is taking a pay cut for his next deal aswell just to keep cash for the young boys. Champion.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
tallis12 said:
I think Brisbane should definitely be looking at some prop forwards for next year.

Unfortunately alot of the decent ones have resigned with their clubs, but there should still be a fair few FG props on the market ?

Anyone know any decent props off contract this season ?

And remember Lockyer is taking a pay cut for his next deal aswell just to keep cash for the young boys. Champion.
Tolman and Civo...

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Man Tolman would be a dream signing! I reckon we will end up with Kaufusi or Hickey or some other bum.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Guys I hear Petro wants to come back to Brisbane........he would be high 200's to low 300's a year wouldnt he????
Fui Fui Moi Moi is off contract end of this year......buy petro and Moi Moi, what a foward pack we would have!!!

What ya reckon?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Fui is the type of player we need.

If we can land Tronc, then we'll have three workhorses - including Kenny and Anderson.

Fui provides some punch and energy with his barnstorming runs. I'd love us to sign him. Although i might be a tad biased as he's one of my favourite players. :mrgreen:

I also wouldn't mind signing Petero on a short contract either. But i don't think he can expect to garner a large wage.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Donny said:
Guys I hear Petro wants to come back to Brisbane........he would be high 200's to low 300's a year wouldnt he????
Fui Fui Moi Moi is off contract end of this year......buy petro and Moi Moi, what a foward pack we would have!!!

What ya reckon?

if Petro wants that much he can stay at penrith. At his age he is only returning to the Broncos for 1 year max. I think 100k + possible job after footy would (hopefully) be enough

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
#1 Kemp fan said:
Hatchy said:
The problem is that theres no quality props/forwards worth buying on the market at the moment, apart from Tronc. Anyone know of any others?

Hannant?
Apart from hannant as we all know he's way out of our price range, and besides, he doesn't want to come back to us, he wants in at some other Shitty QLD side in the GC.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Guys the big question is who are we saving up to buy??????? From looking at the players we have on contract at the moment and the players we have lost the past two seasons we must have a shit load ready!! The only high profile player i can think of that is coming of contract is Thurston but with Lockyer and Wallace i wouldnt think he would be the player! Hunt & Clinton alone would of been 500k a yr at least.

Does anyone know any high profile players coming of contract??? What do you reckon!!!

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
#1 Kemp fan said:
Donny said:

What ya reckon?

if Petro wants that much he can stay at penrith. At his age he is only returning to the Broncos for 1 year max. I think 100k + possible job after footy would (hopefully) be enough

Not a chance you would get him for that, why would he? He might be old but he is still the best prop in the game. Steve Price still kicks ass and he is 2 yrs older. Civo would be my choice in signing so he can help bring on guys like Lui, McGuire, Dodds, Lingwoodock, Hala etc. I would love to have Hannant back but if he wants more than 350k a yr he is dreaming, he is good but he is definately not that good. I think bringing back Webcke as a forwards coach would help alot as well. Moi Moi would be a great buy but he is 30 as well so nearing the back end of his career. I would rather Petero so he can mentor alot of the young blokes. Even if we have to pay 300k for Civo I would do that in a heartbeat the bloke is still a gun and his leadership qualities would be huge for a young pack. If we sign Tronc I don't think we need to sign more than another prop other than Petero.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Wallace is on a fair bit of coin.

D

dandan

BRL Player
May 3, 2009
It would not suprise me if we are dead set struggling during May, Bruno offers some big $$$ to SBW, tbh i would do that, what a lift around the club that would be, especially the youngsters.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Burg said:
and this year already PJ Marsh (again, I think around $200-250k)

I could be wrong, but I got the impression that we were still going to pay PJ Marsh.

A veteran of four Origin games, Marsh was off-contract at season's end, with his 2010 deal worth about $180,000...

..."One of the most comforting things P.J. heard when he found it was over is the Broncos saying, 'Don't worry about money, worry about your health, we'll look after you'," Banaghan said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... public_rss

At least that's the impression I got from the bit above. Maybe they've found another way to give him money.

dandan said:
It would not suprise me if we are dead set struggling during May, Bruno offers some big $$$ to SBW, tbh i would do that, what a lift around the club that would be, especially the youngsters.

Bruno showing that level of ambition would certainly surprise me. I'm also not so sure how enthused players would be at having such a loyalty deficient player in their ranks. Of course, if recent performances were any barometer, they probably wouldn't really care!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Well i dont see how the NRL can count him as being under the cap. his retired Brisbane are just helping out someone who is now an "Ex-player"

Actually imagine what other players must be thinking seeing that.

D

dandan

BRL Player
May 3, 2009

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
haha Yeah mate saw that 2 post ago, Quick do a ninja edit!

As for SBW, im not 100% against him comming on the cheap. However the risk of him using Brisbane to pay his "release" at the dogs before running to say The Knights or The Warriors is to high.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Scdeac
  • Morkel
  • Tim K
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Lostboy
  • Rambstien
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.