Where now for PJ Marsh?

News is that Hunt, Marsh and Parker are by far from certainties for next week. Puts us in a bit of a predicament with the injuries suffered on Friday night, the probably backing up of Wallace, Sims and Ennis from city v country. Could be interesting next weekend against the Tigers...bring on Palmer!

Coxy said:
Well PJ is expected back against the Tigers next week. Assuming Hodges, Boyd, Thaiday, Parker and Carroll are passed fit, the team I'd have is:

Boyd
Kemp
Moon
Hodges
Robinson
Lockyer
Wallace
Hannant
Ennis
Thaiday
Stagg
Sims
Carroll

Marsh
Eastwood
Taylor
Parker

Marsh has to be our interchange utility, and I don't have a problem with him subbing with Ennis.

If Parker isn't available I would consider giving Wapau a run assuming his fit to play.

agreed, but there would have to be room for taylor 1st. Think he could be very dangerous against the smaller pack.

Wapau will probably get a run, I also hope that if another young guy gets a run it is Josh Mcguire!! He is ripping it up in the U20s for us icon_thumbs_u

I agree with some others. I think PJ should come off the bench, particularly right now while he's recoving from injury. Let him play a couple of different posistions and see what impact he makes. Right now I think Ennis deserves to keep his 80 min hooker role and with the form he is in now, we would be stupid to change that.

It's nice to have these sort of headaches though icon_smile

bronco_babe77 said:
I agree with some others. I think PJ should come off the bench, particularly right now while he's recoving from injury. Let him play a couple of different posistions and see what impact he makes. Right now I think Ennis deserves to keep his 80 min hooker role and with the form he is in now, we would be stupid to change that.

It's nice to have these sort of headaches though icon_smile

Agree, yet, for mine, the issue is not so much that PJ can be an impact player but that he can cover the key positions of 9, 7 and 6.

I also believe it is useful to consider resting key players like Ennis say, if we we are well in front.

And then there is the question: what if Ennis (or Wallace or Lockyer) gets hurt?

That's where I see Marsh's real value to the team.

But then of course, we've always got Perry [icon_drun

We could probably have Marsh and Ennis on the field at the same time. They can alternate the dummy half duties and, against tiring forwards, they'd be pretty lethal.

But apparently Marsh is still out with injury this week.

I actually spoke to the man himself today. He believes he will be back this week (esp good with Wallace being away on City-Country duties), but the medical staff haven't given him a clearance yet.

Id like to see PJ come on in the last 10 mins of the first half and giving one of the forwards a rest. playing two hookers for the remainder of the first half and into the second half then giving lockyer or wallace a rest at the back end of the game and PJ then moving into the halves.

Ennis has had the benefit of the last couple of weeks of his forwards totally dominating the opposition in the ruck, the first 15 mins of the second half against the Bunnies is where our forwards weren't being dominated in the ruck, we were playing the ball quick and we were running with purpose, this made Ennis' job very easy and thus why he was very good out of dummy. Not trying to take away from Ennis, but it would have been interesting to see how Marsh would have played in those situations. Thus, I would have both in the team, one replaces the other based on how they are playing each game.

i should have said this before but didn't.

Man people change their opinions faster than superman beats off. Three weeks ago Marsh was the man, people were saying the Broncos looked better with him starting ect, now it's completely the opposite, and people struggle to fit him in. [icon_shru

Also I think people forget how Ennis has dropped off in each match. He has started on fire and in the back end of each half he has generally been quiet, mainly for most of the second halves. That's where marsh will come into it, Ennis will start and get us going, Marsh will come on and give him a break and keep it going. Ennis may be able to play 80 minutes, but unlike Thaiday he loses his impact on the games as the game wears on.

666 said:

Man people change their opinions faster than superman beats off. Three weeks ago Marsh was the man, people were saying the Broncos looked better with him starting ect, now it's completely the opposite, and people struggle to fit him in. [icon_shru

Which Superman movies have you been watching? :shock:

Meat77 said:
666 said:

Superman does Dallas [icon_ee

Meat77 said:
666 said:

The Director's Cut [icon_evillaugh

rnabokov said:
Meat77 said:
666 said:

The Uncut version [icon_lol1.

666 said:
rnabokov said:
Meat77 said:
666 said:

The Uncut version [icon_lol1.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

666 said:

Also I think people forget how Ennis has dropped off in each match. He has started on fire and in the back end of each half he has generally been quiet, mainly for most of the second halves. That's where marsh will come into it, Ennis will start and get us going, Marsh will come on and give him a break and keep it going. Ennis may be able to play 80 minutes, but unlike Thaiday he loses his impact on the games as the game wears on.

Couldn't agree anymore with what 666 has said. We looked like world beaters with Marsh in the side, Ennis is going great but Marsh was going better. Room for both IMO. As for Ennis dropping off at the backends, haven't noticed it but will watch with interest Saturday night now. Well said 666 [eusa_clap.gi

Russo said:
666 said:

Couldn't agree anymore with what 666 has said. We looked like world beaters with Marsh in the side, Ennis is going great but Marsh was going better. Room for both IMO. As for Ennis dropping off at the backends, haven't noticed it but will watch with interest Saturday night now. Well said 666 [eusa_clap.gi

Exactly. As a number of us have been posting for some time, the Ennis-Marsh combination is a large part of the reason which makes us THE team.

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.