Where to play it?

J

JaseC

NYC Player
Mar 7, 2012
Unsure if this has been discussed previously. Apologies if it has, I couldn't find a thread. Just heard a piece on the radio about how certain players/coaches have come out and called for SoO games to only be played in Brisbane and Sydney. That Melbourne and (the ever closer) the prospect of Auckland/Wellington should not be given the rights to host the showpiece of RL.

Personally, I think so long as 1 game a series is given to both states, the third game shouldn't matter and it's a great way of exporting the code. I know there isn't a tonne of stats to prove that the game has grown in Melbourne, but it definitely gets a great crowd.

What are your guys thoughts?

I think Melbourne should get a game, but not Auckland/Wellington.

Don't care what game Melbourne get.

I believe we should keep Origin in QLD and NSW......Unless Melbourne graciously hand over the AFL GF, then maybe we can think about it.

Send a game to Melbourne every year. Or send one to Perth. If we want to grow the game, we have to lead with our strongest asset, which is the Origin series.

Origin should remain the property of Queensland and New Souths Wales. Take Test matches, club games, trials and even the Grand Final to new territory as part of expansion but Origin should not be sold around.

Can handle the odd game in Melbourne but nothing more.

Origin should remain the property of Queensland and New Souths Wales. Take Test matches, club games, trials and even the Grand Final to new territory as part of expansion but Origin should not be sold around.

Can handle the odd game in Melbourne but nothing more.

+1

Melbourne host an Origin game every 3 years.

It's not like they are getting a game every year.

Whatever they do, I hope the NRL don't have one on LA again

I actually like have 1 game a year not in QLD or NSW. I actually think playing in Melbourne or Perth is good for the game. Taking it to LA would be insane.

I believe we should keep Origin in QLD and NSW......Unless Melbourne graciously hand over the AFL GF, then maybe we can think about it.

That's a bit different though, we're not giving them a NRL gf we're giving them one state of origin every few years. I went to Melbourne for one and it was massive. Everyone was getting into it, streets were packed and there were vendors everywhere. I think keep it the way it is. Pretty sure it's the only League that's also shown live there isn't it? Apart from the odd NRL game once every thousand years.

This.

Wait..hang on a second. Am I seeing things? A Queenslander who understands the concept of Origin? Surely you're geeing us up ethos...

You've got a picture of a bloke in a neck brace as your sig..

I'll take our concept of Origin over your delusional interpretation of success any day of the week.

If people just stop getting riled up by him, he'll stop his crap. If he thinks it's awesome that a football player was injured, well, that's his pathetic choice.

If people just stop getting riled up by him, he'll stop his crap. If he thinks it's awesome that a football player was injured, well, that's his pathetic choice.
Besides who are we to judge him just because he gets a hard on over it, its not like his had much else to enjoy from SOO of late.

I think Origin is spiritual to NSW and QLD and should remain in here and there. Billy Slater said today that he isn't a fan of the Melbourne games (check foxsports).

1 Origin game in Melbourne every 3 years for the next nine years then reassess.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.