NEWS Who Doesn't Love Webcke!

Can you imagine some of the players we have in the squad now lacing up their boots in the days of Webcke, Petero, Thorn, etc... they'd get a rude awakening.

Some of the blokes we have now possess a lot more natural talent than someone like Webcke, but they'll never come close to reaching his level, not in a million years. Talent only gets you so far, the biggest decider is attitude and willingness to put in the hard yards and show some resolve when things don't go your way.

**** I miss watching footy players like that.

Him taking the awesome run up mid field to set Lockyer up for the field goal which won us the game, what does he do on the kick off from Melbourne? Runs as hard as he fucking can and destroys Hill trying to tackle him. The game was practically over but he ran just as hard as the opening hitup. It epitomised the champion he was that his last ever runs were as good as his first. Him taking out his mouthguard and hugging Hodges after the siren is a moment I'll never forget.

So much. One of my favourite football stories is when Steve Irwin came to Broncos training and tried to tackle Webcke and broke his arm because even in a muck around Webcke ran hard.

God Webcke is a fucking champion. What a bloke. No one deserves to go out on a high more than he did. Surely we can offer him a part time coaching role next year.
And whats-more the big bastard earned that GF ring. His humility saying things like he would never rate himself as having anything to pass on is exactly what some of these spoiled brats need.

Remember when Wayne used to get him in at training, and one day he got so angry at the players he abused them then quit. That's exactly what we need.

Him taking the awesome run up mid field to set Lockyer up for the field goal which won us the game, what does he do on the kick off from Melbourne? Runs as hard as he fucking can and destroys Hill trying to tackle him. The game was practically over but he ran just as hard as the opening hitup. It epitomised the champion he was that his last ever runs were as good as his first. Him taking out his mouthguard and hugging Hodges after the siren is a moment I'll never forget.

Webcke

Still makes me cry every time.

well said Webby.....well said......with any luck we wills see you around the joint again next season...

Yeh you just know that Patty took that to heart when he read what big Webby had to say. That's the sort of reaction you want from your current crop of broncos. Expect a big game from him, Flegs and Paix in particular I'm sure they'll take some inspiration from Webby's words.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.