Who let the westerner's into the Eastern stand?

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Gave the players a standing ovation when they ran on at the start of the game. Along with about 20,000 others. After I sit down fat guy behind me taps me on the shoulder "you're not going to be doing that all game are you"? 20 mins in and Wallace capitalises on a Storm error deep in the Broncos 20m and he takes off 20-30m down the field. I'm out of my seat with another 30,000 screaming and willing him on. Fat guy again taps my shoulder. Thankfully that was the last tap I got all night but I wish he had tapped me again. I regret not feeding it to him :roll:

What the **** is with these people? If I want to sit and golf clap I'll watch it at home on my crappy second hand couch. The most annoying thing about fans like this is he could have gone and spoken to the stadium staff and I could have been cautioned. I go to the footy to get off my rocker and bleed my lungs, not sit stationary like a stale bottle of piss. Maybe the fat man was just too fat to stand up? Well go eat a salad fat man. I hope you end up behind me in the future for a game. [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

Fellow "fans" real fans, don't let the librarians push you around!

Yeah tell them all to go and get -------!!!!!! If you go to the footy you have paid good money to yell and scream in support of your team. I hate those librarians as you call them who want it to be a game of silence!

The Rock said:
It need to be addressed IMO. Seriously it is NOT normal. The fact that he could have easily gone and told security, and that they probably could have cautioned you is absolutely DISGRACEFUL to the game of rugby league. Seriously guys, there are so many stories going on around here about this sort of thing, someone needs to address it with I dunno...higher management or something. It's just_not_right.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure mick raised the point a while ago that there should be specific a section of the stadium for fans who want to go absolutely bonkers.

Not like the XXXX thing from a few years ago, that was just some sponsorship gimmick, but rather an area where proper supporters can get together and start chants and stand up (shock horror!) etc..

Where I was sitting everyone was going bonkers. Eastern stand, right on the tryline, 3 rows back, Caxton street end. Great seats, great atmosphere. Last night was as good as any Origin I've ever been to.

Except for the last 90 seconds

Through the TV, that was easily the closest to an Origin atmosphere i've heard from a Broncos crowd. It was brilliant, and should be encouraged.

I've had the pleasure of going up to watch the Broncos live twice at Suncorp now, most recently the Raiders game. I was on the eastern side I think, 319 or 320 from memory, and the security, accompanied by a few "football watchers", from my point of view were borderline appalling in their treatment of many fans and attempts to curb the passionate folk. Perhaps i'm just used to places such as EAS where nothing similar exists, or it was just isolated as i've only been a couple of times, but I have to say I found it quite odd and very annoying.

If it is a problem then it does need to be addressed. Yes, the theatre goers are great for our bottom line in propping up the crowds, but i'd love to know how many more people would be attracted to attend Broncos games if they were garunteed of a vocal, passionate, united atmosphere each and every game. Obviously common sense would suggest that there's no need for over the top behaviour, but i'm sure 99.99% of attendees don't and never will fall into this category. People just want to cheer their team on for God's sake.

Even at the very least if a section could be set aside for an 'army' (NOT that artifcial debacle with the sticks and XXXX shirts, whatever they were called) of fans to lead the crowd in support of the boys, that'd be a wonderful start. I'm sure if organsied correctly that security and bad behaviour would be a minor problem. I believe some people have already made some noise regarding this issue and its fallen on deaf ears, but I hope people continue to call for it.

I had a wonderful time at the Canberra game, but I felt almost stupid every time I got out of my seat and starting cheering a player on after a break, etc. And I get the feeling others felt the same.

Hammo said:
Where I was sitting everyone was going bonkers. Eastern stand, right on the tryline, 3 rows back, Caxton street end. Great seats, great atmosphere. Last night was as good as any Origin I've ever been to.

Except for the last 90 seconds

i was about 30 rows behind you then

If you're all going to be treated like this as fans (as I know you have been for all the years since moving to Suncorp), then why do you continuously support this "nazi style" rubbish? Write a letter to whomever it applies and if you don't get favourable treatment (as i know you haven't in the past), then surely it wouldn't hurt to boycott a couple of games. Go as far to telling the authorites that you are participating in such a movement. Don't take it lying down.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
I had a wonderful time at the Canberra game, but I felt almost stupid every time I got out of my seat and starting cheering a player on after a break, etc. And I get the feeling others felt the same.

See, I have NEVER felt that at a football game. I have also never been to Suncorp. eusa_think Don't get me wrong I would love to travel up there one day to see a game! I guess it's cause I'm so use to sitting with the Stable, where we yell, scream and cheer to our hearts content. How a footy game SHOULD be, and it's a shame if that's discouraged in Brisbane.

It sure is broncoangel, bordering on completely illogical a substantial amount of the time. I scratch my head. Seriously.

Im starting to think maybe because it is such a packed house ?
I don't get it as well.
Down here in Sydney though, the seats are so empty, you just don't get these complaints, because the people who want to sit there and twiddle their thumbs just move seats or whatever.

Packed house has nothing to do with it sorry, it happens every game. Regardless of how many attendees there are at the game. I have a feeling why it's done though. Fairly obvious really.

^
true, I went to ANZ stadium in origin and what not.
Must say, I don't like ANZ, I know its got a bad rep and some people over play it. But there IS something about that ground, it's just not right for league.

SFS on the other hand, my favourite stadium I've been to. Firstly because I don't think I've ever seen the Broncos lose when I've been there. (Yes, the roosters matches since 03!!!!)
That's why I might end the winning streak against the chooks on good friday clashes, my run cannot last this long.

I've been to a couple of 'traditional grounds' I like them because of the grass areas and such, great atmosphere, but it's not a 'stadium' if you know what I mean.

The Rock said:
Nup, no way mate.

I've been to sell out stadiums all over Sydney before and have NEVER been told to be quiet or sit down or anything.

Agreed. The only place I've ever been told to sit down was at Suncorp. By a 6 year old, who yelled "Sit down dickhead". [icon_lol1.

Even when in the members stand against the Roosters at the SFS I wasn't told to sit down at any time.

It's all about numbers up here Rock. This "atmosphere" is created because the club and the stadium authorites are focused on the attendance levels to such a degree, that, they will do anything to keep the numbers up. If the atmosphere is kept sterile, there's next to no chance of patrons going home unhappy due to crowd participation detracting from the "football spectacle". That is, just simply watching the game like you would at home, without "interruptions" from other facets.

Another such possibility is the cost of the stadium to hire out. There is such a focus on attendance numbers as there is a pre-determined quota of required ticket sales to keep the stadium's finance department happy. Hence you see the Queensland Roar for example (who are tenants of Suncorp Stadium), fretting because they typically fall short of required ticket sales, which ends up forcing the club to fork out money out of its own pocket to compensate for the below-par ticket sales.

It's all about money. IT's a business and ticket sales mean the world. If anything is done to jeopardise this, then that's a real worry for the club and stadium management.

Certainly were a few d**kheads there last night.

I arrived just in time for kick off and spotted my mum and gave her a wave. And as I go to walk through the aisle I say "excuse me" to the first bloke infront of me. He gives me one look like...there is no way I'm going to move kind of look and then goes to watching the Storm train. I waited a good ten seconds but I knew he wasn't going to do the right thing.

Wanker of the highest order.

I think the best thing in the corwd last night was some guy acroos from us, behing the goalposts who had an airhorn! How he got that in, no idea, but it sounded fun.

I'd love the areas you guys are talking about to allow drums, trumpets, hrons...you know stuff that is FUN.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.