Who will be our Captain in 2016?

delcodii

delcodii

Apr 25, 2014
Corey Parker? Andrew McCullough? Ben Hunt?

It seems to me the hierarchy with Wayne is Hodgo, Parker, Macca.

Now that Hodgo is retired, Parker would be the obvious selection you'd think, and Macca will keep playing deputy until Parker retires.

That's only if Wayne doesn't go the long term route. If he does, I think Macca will be captain next year.

Thoughts?

It will be whoever steps up, WB would have been grooming one of them you would think...he'll put them through the dreaded pre season and see who steps up under pressure.

I think Anthony Milford would be a great captain, but not at this stage of his career, so I think Ben Hunt should be captain.

Last edited:
Ben Hunt. End of IMHO

Immediately after the game on Sunday night I said Ben Hunt probably shouldn't get it straight away given the outcome, just to avoid adding that extra pressure to the situation. But having thought about it now I think the club showing faith in him and giving him the captaincy would be a great move, and help him to build his confidence back up. I think he's deserving and the logical choice.

As much as I want Corey to be the C, I would prefer a captain to be an 80min player. So Hunt in that case.

Hunt will feel the weight of responsibility on his shoulders already, if he carries himself well during the pre-season then I think he will own the opportunity.

Ben Hunt for sure. Corery Parker has had a go, and he doesn't have much longer.

No one in the team is more deserving than Hunt, and I think he's the type of player who will take the extra responsibility and become an even better player.

Macca is still my favourite, although it wouldn't surprise me if WB gives it to Hunt after the way things panned out in the GF.

Well that would be next years fairytale to sell the game. From gf villain to captain of premiers within 12 months! What a turn around! Footballing gods have smiled on Ben hunt.

I feel like Hunt already has a shit load of weight on his shoulders, being virtually the only person on a team who can somewhat organize a 5th tackle option. I'd personally give it to McCullough now that I've had some time to think about it. We need to give it to someone who leads by example in defence, and he's probably the best defensive player in the NRL.

If not him, then Boyd would be my 2nd choice.

Alex Glenn was up there when Hook was coach but has dropped down the captaincy ladder with Wayne, and Darius said he wasn't ready, so that just really leaves it between Macca and Benny Hunt.

And yeah Macca definitely leads by example, and Wayne said he's one of our best players every week. He's super consistent. Also considering he has led us before and apparently has been groomed since forever to be our future captain, I can't go past him.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Wayne will no doubt select the captain based on what occurs off the field now and during the pre-season.

BHunt certainly has an opportunity now to respond well and demonstrate his leadership abilities.

A couple more options that don't seem as commonly discussed are:

Alex Glenn - Seems a very mature and capable leader. Has also been immense for us this season IMO.
Jack Reed - I've only gone to see the lads train once but Reed seemed like a real voice amongst the likes of BHunt and Milf.

and my smokey:

Adam Blair - A natural and well respected leader amongst the lads. Signed for the next two seasons and has indicated he wants to stay on and finish his career at the club.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • The Boss
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • BroncoFan94
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.