Who will be the Broncos top 5 players in 2020?

Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
2 backs, 2 forwards and bench player. 1. Milford 2. Boyd. 3. Haas 4. TPJ 5. Bird.

Milford, Isaako, Haas, Fifita, Carrigan.

I dont know that it'll play out like this but we'll go dam close to winning the premiership if it goes in this order.

Hass, Lodge, TPJ, Milf, and Croft. With Bird and Isaako at 6th and 7th.

I think they are as likely as any... Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I dont know that it'll play out like this but we'll go dam close to winning the premiership if it goes in this order.

Hass, Lodge, Milf, Croft, Bird with Isaako in 6th.

They are as likley as any IMO.
Yep you might be right but I don't know if I can believe someone that can't count to 5, can't spell damn and writes IMO. Only joking but really.

5 best:
Haas, fifita, bird, milford and turpin

And I'll add another 5 in if that's OK. 5 most improved/break out year:
Isaako, Coates, carrigan, bullemore (from what I've heard about him only), paix (really excited about him after hearing seibold cook-like comments but this will be dearden if there are any injuries he covers for in the halves)

5 best:
Haas, fifita, bird, milford and turpin

And I'll add another 5 in if that's OK. 5 most improved/break out year:
Isaako, Coates, carrigan, bullemore (from what I've heard about him only), paix (really excited about him after hearing seibold cook-like comments but this will be dearden if there are any injuries he covers for in the halves)
Yes you may. Oh wait was that retorical. Break out year you say, well... The Flegler, Arthurs, Paix, Coates and Dearden.

No love for Staggs?

Haas, TPJ, Milf, Staggs and I reckon Flegler & Carrigan are potentially on the verge of a breakout season too.

Last edited:
Here's hoping it's

Milf
Croft

Turpin
Haas

Paix/Dearden

Our top 4 are Fifita Haas Milf Lodge

Beyond that we need Croft Turpin TPJ and a fullback to stand up

If Bird can repay 3 yrs 2 million plus in one year that would be appreciated by fans

Hoo...

I'm hoping it's our spine and Bird.

If they're our best then Haas, Lodge, Fifita and TPJ will just feast

Hoo...

I'm hoping it's our spine and Bird.

If they're our best then Haas, Lodge, Fifita and TPJ will just feast
It’s kind of symbiotic really. If Haas, Lodge, TPJ and Fifita feast then there’s no excuse for the spine not to go well after a good preseason and reshuffle.

Haas, Croft, Isaako, Fifita & Turpin

- Haas will be our MVP again. Will be in the running for overall MVP of the League too. Playing for Brisbane and being a Forward are just about the only thing that can rob him of winning a Dally M.

- Croft will relish the responsibility of running the show and provide the perfect foil for Milford. His contract value alone will seem insignificant because his value to Milford and getting us a return on that investment will pay for itself. I think he might also feature in the Queensland Camp as an 18th or 19th Man to get him around the setup at some point.

- Isaako will feel far more at home at Fullback with the challenges of last year behind him and a full preseason under his belt. His clutch goal kicking will win us games on it's own. I think he'll be our Charnze Nicholl-Klokstad in 2020.

- If Haas is our hardest working player, Fifita will be our most damaging in 2020. I expect him to win a starting Origin berth and to have a hell of a highlight reel by the end of 2020.

- Turpin will cement his role in the #9 jersey and give Brisbane the spark and service out of Dummy Half that they have been sadly missing. He's another one who may not quite get a start, but he'll almost certainly come onto Kevvie's radar for Origin duties.

Last edited:
I kind of want to change mine but I don't know who for. People have forgotten how good TPJ is when he is on. Moreso other clubs/media then us on here.
When the media talk about our forward pack they talk about haas and fifita but ffs on his day TPJ is an absolute beast, all he needs is consistency and he could get it this year. If he's on and the halves take advantage we win, no questions.

I kind of want to change mine but I don't know who for. People have forgotten how good TPJ is when he is on. Moreso other clubs/media then us on here.
When the media talk about our forward pack they talk about haas and fifita but ffs on his day TPJ is an absolute beast, all he needs is consistency and he could get it this year. If he's on and the halves take advantage we win, no questions.
I tend to agree that on his day he's amongst our very best, but if he's going to predominantly play an Edge role this year then I think it will be a bit of a steep learning curve year for him. I think by the time 2021 rolls around he'll be very hard to stop and hopefully a lot stronger defensively in his edge defence.

I tend to agree that on his day he's amongst our very best, but if he's going to predominantly play an Edge role this year then I think it will be a bit of a steep learning curve year for him. I think by the time 2021 rolls around he'll be very hard to stop and hopefully a lot stronger defensively in his edge defence.
Can't disagree with that. His defence is devastating at times, sometimes to the opposition or sometimes for us. He's literally hit or miss often. Guess I was just hoping he learnt quickly over the off season, but given hes a few years into his nrl career and still has defensive question marks I think your assessment is more on the mark.

Can't disagree with that. His defence is devastating at times, sometimes to the opposition or sometimes for us. He's literally hit or miss often. Guess I was just hoping he learnt quickly over the off season, but given hes a few years into his nrl career and still has defensive question marks I think your assessment is more on the mark.
His defence in the middle was quite effective at times. On an edge though he looked to have plenty of work to do and I just don't think he's going to resolve that in a single off season. I'm happy to trust that a season of playing there and continued focus on improving it will put him in great stead by the end of the year and moving into 2020.

His defence in the middle was quite effective at times. On an edge though he looked to have plenty of work to do and I just don't think he's going to resolve that in a single off season. I'm happy to trust that a season of playing there and continued focus on improving it will put him in great stead by the end of the year and moving into 2020.
I think improved fitness will also help his defence.

I recall a lot of times the defensive mistakes would come because he'd be running back the ten with his back to the ball or he'd be getting back to the line late (creating a staggered line)... that puts an automatic target on his back for the dummy halves and halves to run at. Being fatigued would also slow his reaction times and have him relying on muscle memory more than reading and reacting.

If his fitness improves he shouldn't have any issues with the back and forth line speed and should become much more consistent.

The only consideration on the edge then comes to his ability to read the play and lateral movement.

He is actually a decent ball player and has a decent pass so I suspect his footy IQ is quite good (despite his apparent inability to bring his aggressiveness into check), which should help him with reading the play.

In terms of lateral movement I'd say he still has a bit to go, but he is quite mobile for a big man. If he can read the play and be free of fatigue he could get himself into position early and not have to rely on lateral movement alone.

We hear about Milf's improved fitness, but I'd be interested to know how TPJ is going as well, because it could be a game changer for him

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.