Who will be the Broncos top 5 players in 2020?

I think improved fitness will also help his defence.

I recall a lot of times the defensive mistakes would come because he'd be running back the ten with his back to the ball or he'd be getting back to the line late (creating a staggered line)... that puts an automatic target on his back for the dummy halves and halves to run at. Being fatigued would also slow his reaction times and have him relying on muscle memory more than reading and reacting.

If his fitness improves he shouldn't have any issues with the back and forth line speed and should become much more consistent.

The only consideration on the edge then comes to his ability to read the play and lateral movement.

He is actually a decent ball player and has a decent pass so I suspect his footy IQ is quite good (despite his apparent inability to bring his aggressiveness into check), which should help him with reading the play.

In terms of lateral movement I'd say he still has a bit to go, but he is quite mobile for a big man. If he can read the play and be free of fatigue he could get himself into position early and not have to rely on lateral movement alone.

We hear about Milf's improved fitness, but I'd be interested to know how TPJ is going as well, because it could be a game changer for him
I agree and that’s probably why he will be in Rocky this weekend playing a lot more minutes than the guys in the nines squad.

This is a good thread; im keeping a very close watch on Patty C. Reckon he becomes the number 1 bench forward at the club this season...and therefore a shoe-in to grab a first team spot should injuries or another TPJ brain fart materialize during the season...

I'm tendering Tesi Niu for rookie of the year.

Haas, TPJ, Bird, Milford and Turpin will all have great years I reckon.

Darius Boyd, Andrew McCullough, Jack Bird, Richie Kenner, Rhys Kennedy

Bird needs to have a strong injury free year, another long term injury will totally destroy his value come contract time.

Last edited:
Milford
Croft
Haas
Bird
Fifita

I'd love to see Niu get names at 1 for round 1. He just has something special that kid. He's basically a younger and fitter young version of Milf.

I'd love to see Niu get names at 1 for round 1. He just has something special that kid. He's basically a younger and fitter young version of Milf.

he'd need to be a part of our top 30 first

Why are most people here picking Milford? Honest question, but what has he done since he has been at the Broncs that leads anyone to believe he will be one of the top 5?

Is the fact his head is on the chopping block if he doesnt perform the main factor in most people picking him to be in the top 5, because surely it cant be based on his performance in his time at the club?

Our player of the year 2018. Got us to a GF in 2015.

I am a Milford supporter I admit. I believe him finally having a serviceable halfback (since Hunt went off the boil then left) will mean he gets back to his best with are addition of a kicking game that has improved during the last few years.

Why are most people here picking Milford? Honest question, but what has he done since he has been at the Broncs that leads anyone to believe he will be one of the top 5?

Is the fact his head is on the chopping block if he doesnt perform the main factor in most people picking him to be in the top 5, because surely it cant be based on his performance in his time at the club?

Should have won the Clive Churchill medal in 2015. Was Broncos player of the year in season 2018...

Yeah you’re right. He has done bugger all...

Should have won the Clive Churchill medal in 2015. Was Broncos player of the year in season 2018...

Yeah you’re right. He has done bugger all...
I just meant he has not performed as expected in his time here. He was paid big money and has not been a big money player.
He has had a sprinkling of good games here and there, but not enough for him to be top pick.
I hope he has a cracker year because its a long time coming.

Haas, Fifita, TPJ, Bird(if he doesn't get injured), Staggs
In that order.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • MrRobot
  • Skathen
  • Maroon4life
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Aldo
  • mystico
  • Jedhead
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • The Don
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.