Who will you support in September?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Assuming the Broncos don't make the finals, or are bundled out very early, who will you throw your weight behind? Ignore Souths and Canberra. Although they could conceivably pass the Broncos into 8th, neither has any chance of winning.

So the remaining contenders, IMO, are:

St George-Illawarra
Titans
Penrith
Wests Tigers
Warriors
Manly
Roosters

Who will you be barracking for most, and why?

My order of preference is:

1. St George-Illawarra. Best team for the past 2 seasons, and I'd love to see Wayne Bennett and former Broncos Boyd, Costigan, Priddis and Emmett be up there as part of a premiership winning squad (even if the latter 2 won't be there on GF day).

2. Warriors. Would just be awesome for the game to have the Warriors win. That plus I'm half kiwi.

The rest I pretty much am meh about, but in descending order of WOOHOOness:

3. Penrith - I like Matt Elliott and given where he was 2 years ago (hanging himself with his tie), what a turnaround! Plus Petero.
4. Tigers - While I think he's overrated, Marshall makes the game interesting. And Tuqiri.
5. Roosters - As much as it pains me to say it, I love the way they play footy. One of the few genuinely entertaining teams.
6. Titans - pfft, the only reason their form turned around was because Bird got injured and Cartwright had to pick a different 5/8. What a shit coach. And Prince is a drama queen. And Bird is a ****.
7. Manly - it's Manly. Do I need anymore reason to hate them?

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
well.. my team will be there in September, I have nothing to worry about.. other than an early exit.. which could be more than likely.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Penrith or Titans but I reckon the Dragons will win it.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
1. Warriors - Always had a soft spot for them, they always chance their arm and play entertaining footy plus they would be a new winner which I like the idea of.

2. Titans - Would be a new winner and have a lot of players I either respect or really enjoy watching play.

3. St George-Illawarra - He pissed me off in his final years at Brisbane but I have massive respect for WB as a coach and winning a title with another club would further cement his spot in history.

4. Wests Tigers - They can play a great brand of footy and I think Benji and Farah are top quality play makers.

5. Roosters - I dislike them but I love to watch them play, even last night they were off their game but Pearce put on some tries with really smart, subtle balls and when Carney is on they are very good to watch.

6. Penrith - I just do not like the way they play the game, I find them boring even when they put a score on a team. I think Luke Walsh is crap beyond his kicking game.

7. Manly - Watmough punched a sponsor in the face and is still at the club, their fullback sexually assaulted (allegedly) a 17 year old at/after the same function. They are scumbags.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
FC Barcelona.

Only interested in League if the Broncos are playing.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
FC Barcelona.

LOVE IT!!!

I am more depressed after FCB losses these days than I am over Broncos loses.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
If Canberra make it at the expense of us, I will be behind them, even if it's only for a week. When they're on their game, I don't think there's a better team to watch. Although they can be frustrating to watch when not on their game.

St George Illawarra probably deserve to win, given that they are the only team that has been remotely consistent this year. But they are incredibly boring to watch. I don't know if I could bring myself to cheer for them.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Brizz said:
pennywisealfie said:
FC Barcelona.

LOVE IT!!!

I am more depressed after FCB losses these days than I am over Broncos loses.

I love the Broncos way more than FCB, my bronco love is obsessive. However for a sport, Football dominates league.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Warriors, Tigers and Penrith I don't mind, but I'm not really bothered once the Broncos are out.

If the Storm were there, I would say anyone playing them [icon_razz1

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Titans.

St.George suck massive ***** !!!!!!!!!!!

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
1. Dragons
2. Panthers
3. Tigers
4. Warriors
5. Roosters
a distant 6th. Titans
7th. Manly

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I can't really get behind any team aside from the Broncos. If I had to choose it would be the Titans followed by the Dragons but even those two teams have me conflicted.

Really, I should like the Titans. The roster is made up of personal favourites of mine including Campbell, Gordon, Rogers, Prince, Bailey etc. and I've followed them since day one. However I feel the way they're marketed as a club is superficial and there is something about them I just can't trust. That...and I can't stand Bird and Laffranchi who annoys me as a player.

On the other hand I'm understandably feel indifferent towards the Dragons. Really it just comes down to the Bennett factor and how well they've played in the past and the unfair wrap they got last year where they colossally over-achieved.

Either way, I can't wait until this season is over with. Will be great to see the Storm back in the thick of things.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
St. George
Penrith
Warriors
Roosters
couldn't care less

I have a soft spot for penrith and like the way the rest play footy.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Dragons - WB .. would love to see them win one under WB.. its sort of like "you needed a QLDER to win one ST george!!" [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

Tigers - TBH I dont want to see them win the GF but I can't deny Benji is fun to watch - he definitely plays league in a different way and personally I think he's got more flash than Hayne.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
1. The Warriors..
2. Bring on NHL and NBA

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
1 - Tigers.
Awesome team to watch, Farah and Marshall are awesome. I love Tuqiri and Beau Ryan is mad hahahaa.
2. Warriors.
I've always like them and it would be huge for the game if they won.
3. Canberra.
No I'm not ignoring them, they are one team I would love to win if we were not in it.

MAYBE Dragons, only because of Bennett, although it's just too much fun calling them chokers.

I don't really want anyone else to win.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1. Tigers.

The way they destroyed the Eels was a brilliant example of a team expertly coached to nullify their opponents tactical weapons. The way they destroyed Mateo was expert tactical coaching, together with great team discipline to play to a good game plan, then build on the brilliance of the best hooker going around. Marshall is just icing on the game. It's Farah who is the genius behind the Tigers, and their pack is playing with discipline and commitment - as well as any going around.

2. Dragons

Their discipline is their strength. Add Gasnier as an "x" factor who's coming good and they are a real show. I don't think the Dragoons are chokers, they just lack the genius to make things happens. If Soward, Hornby and Gasnier fire they will be hard to stop. I reckon Hornby is one of the most under-rated halfbacks going around.

Any or none of the others - too inconsistent for mine to predict. They are all a chance if they play at their best.

I'm going for the Tigers, and a Tigers - Broncos GF.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.