Who will you support in September?

I'm backing the Raiders now ... i just put $10 on the Raiders @$7.50 to take out the title

The Rock said:
Brizz I agree. It's ridiculous. Look at the Tigers for example.

Right now they are sitting at home and very nervous and they will be hoping Manly lose. However, had of they kicked the winning field goal (and the game could have easily went either way) they would have been sitting at home deciding what to do next week because they would have had the week OFF! [icon_lol1.

Doesn't make much sense to me. And look at the Roosters - They were SO close to losing. Had of they lost (which could have easily happened) they would have been GONE. However now they are sitting back and hoping Manly win so they can get a week off! LOLZ.

That's the system's biggest flaw, the difference between winning and losing in certain scenarios. One incident is the difference between being eliminated and getting a week off.

The Brizz said:
I just want to reiterate my disgust with the completely retarded finals system we have, where is the reward for coming fifth by playing a side above you away from home in the first week on the finals in an ultimately knock out match. All we get now is a reverse of fixtures in round two with the winners swapping spots with the losers. We had the right system for a top 8 and the AFL liked it so much they copied it. It gives the top 2 a home final, the top 4 a second chance and also a second week home final if they lose in week one and it gives 5th and 6th home finals where most importantly they know exactly what is at stake before the kickoff. The way the Warriors exited the comp is pathetic and shows the flaws in the system completely.

Only problem with that is teams could throw games to finish 5th or 6th to get a home game.

Foordy said:
I'm backing the Raiders now ... i just put $10 on the Raiders @$7.50 to take out the title

If you want to put any more on just give me a ring icon_thumbs_u

Once again at this time of year the finals system gets critisized - I'm with you guys - I think the system is nothing short of a disgrace. The first week is rubbish as far as I'm concerned... sometimes you win and the reward could be to verse 1st team next week... it is garbage.

Anyways... I wanted Dragons/Tigers but that is not possible so I'm thinkin Dragons and Roosters GF would be pretty nice... WB vs B Smith again!? LOL...

I'm definitely behind the Titans now. I reckon they're a real shot too.

Hey Beachy...don't you give the Raiders any chance ??? Their next games at home and they have been the only team to absolutely smash the red hot favourite !!! They flogged St George when St George had no excuse for their performance.

Even the bookies give them a good chance so what makes you think they cannot win.....???

add to that they have the best form of any team and by some distance at that so....

All I want is for them to make the GF ...then I can back the other team as well for a guaranteed result...

I have disembarked from the Warriors bandwagon and just bought my ticket for the Raider Train.

There's still plenty of room on the "Anyone but the Dragons Express" if anyone wants to join me

I will be happy to join that wagon, or the "anyone but the Titans and then Dragons" wagon, should the Raiders get knocked out.

Meat77 said:
There's still plenty of room on the "Anyone but the Dragons Express" if anyone wants to join me
ive been on that one so long ive got a bum imprint on the seat.

Anonymous person said:
Meat77 said:
ive been on that one so long ive got a bum imprint on the seat.
Add another to the passenger list.

The Rock said:
Brizz I agree. It's ridiculous. Look at the Tigers for example.

Right now they are sitting at home and very nervous and they will be hoping Manly lose. However, had of they kicked the winning field goal (and the game could have easily went either way) they would have been sitting at home deciding what to do next week because they would have had the week OFF! [icon_lol1.

Doesn't make much sense to me. And look at the Roosters - They were SO close to losing. Had of they lost (which could have easily happened) they would have been GONE. However now they are sitting back and hoping Manly win so they can get a week off! LOLZ.

I agree top four sides should get more allowances.

Not that any of you care but in retrospect, if the Titans had lost against the Warriors we would have been out.

Starting to think maybe a similar approach as AFL or maybe even the NBL should be considered.

Anyone but the Roosters. Not that I think they have a chance anyway unless Carney absolutely dominates, considering Pearce is about as creative in attack as a rock.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.