Why Australians can't stand Clarke

I can't stand this attitude that cricketers can't have a personal life.

God forbid that they have a beer with mates (even if it was the day before a match), or say something silly on the internet.

I did both today and I've got to be at work in 8 hours.

The fact is none of this would be an issue if he was scoring runs. Past captains have been so dead boring that the public has rarely had anything else to latch on to when they went through their slumps.

People need to give the guy a break. What has a REALLY done wrong apart from not scoring runs?

The most pathetic article ever put in the courier mail

Welcome to the age of twitter and facebook... the number of athletes on these social networks would far exceed those not. It's harmless fun and that kind of tweet I would actually class as beneficial in regards to it's effect on team moral. Allows the boys to have a bit of a playful dig at Smith and in return the young fella - who is out of form and no doubt probably questioning whether he belongs - feels more apart of the Aussie set up.

Hehe. It's probably in the top 10 most ridiculous articles though.

Yes, it is a silly reason to dislike him, but it is a contributor. Whether fair or not, the title of "Australian cricket captain" is seen as something of a sacred position and there is "conduct that is deemed unbecoming" of such a post.

It's why Shane Warne, by far a better tactical leader than Ricky Ponting and Steve Waugh, was never really considered to get the position.

And like it or not, Clarke is probably going to have to forego his fun filled easy going private life if he wants to have that title long term.

Coxy said:
And like it or not, Clarke is probably going to have to forego his fun filled easy going private life if he wants to have that title long term.

Like having a twitter account?? Having a beer with a team mate?? Dating hot women?? Having a nice car??

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

Like having a twitter account?? Having a beer with a team mate?? Dating hot women?? Having a nice car??

Having a public Twitter account in which he engages in such (harmless) frivolity, afraid so.

Dating dumbfuck publicity whore women? Afraid so.

Having a LOT of "nice" cars? Afraid so.

Being Australian captain is similar to being a political leader. You have to connect with your public [icon_wink

Active Now

• Astro
  • Justwin
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Painin the Haas
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • The True King
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ffs...
  • Alec
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.