Why Parra won't win the comp...

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
...or at least why it will be farking hard for them. Think of the last time the big positions in a grand final winning team were filled with (in)experience like this:

6. Mortimer
7. Robson
9. Keating

All good young players, but how will they go on grand final day, or even next week?

Mortimer wont play i dont think so thats just gonna add to it

I reckon he'll be there for the GF if they make it. But yeah, it will just add to it in any event.

It still could be done, but will be absolutely epic if they win the comp with those guys at the helm IMO. I think Mortimer is an absolute star who will probably hold the trophy aloft at some stage in his career... but doubt it'll be now!

Who wants to bet that Mortimer will be the NSW halfback/five-eighth in the first game of Origin next season?

ningnangnong said:
Who wants to bet that Mortimer will be the NSW halfback/five-eighth in the first game of Origin next season?

I agree. I've discussed this before with Hammo - that is when his career may take a serious downfall. If Queensland keep up their dominance, than NSW will dump Mortimer after 1 game and destroy his confidence just like they have done to a few other halves in the last few years.

parra will beat the dogs ....it might be broncs v parra grand final

Based on last night's performance, I seriously think the Dogs will blow them off the park next week.

And I agree, I think Mortimer is going to be a genuine superstar of our game and am looking forward to watching him develop (even though he is a dirty cockroach). I don't think rushing him to origin and the dumping him without letting him grow into the role (if NSW continue with this style of selections) will affect him as much as it has done others - you can't underestimate the power of his family network and the support he gets/will always get from their experience.

You could see how much he was hurting but still managed a couple of tackles. That sort of courage will get him far

I would only be happy for Parra to win if after the game, Hayne believed his own hype, decided he had achieved everything in the game (Dally M rookie & player of the year, premiership, stepping on the touchline in origin) and decided to go play French rugby for the next nine years.

Why Parra won't win the comp...

Because the Broncs beat them in the GF!

I don't care about the how's and the why's of why they won't win the comp, just as long as they don't!

Keating like McCullough is very quickly coming of age, Mprtimer is a gun and Robson was excellent last week but tends to get moved to second receiver for Hayne a lot which when you are playing like he is makes sense. Their halves and hooker are fine, they aren't perfect but they do the job supplying their great backline and steering their monster pack.

mick said:
...or at least why it will be farking hard for them. Think of the last time the big positions in a grand final winning team were filled with (in)experience like this:

6. Mortimer
7. Robson
9. Keating

All good young players, but how will they go on grand final day, or even next week?

I've been saying this for the last 6 weeks....and yet they keep winning :mad:

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.