Will Chambers out for

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
The rest of the year. Tore his ACL last night at training. The first signs of a few cracks appearing to the Storm, maybe

He currently sucks anyway. One of the worst defensive centres I've seen so far.

Alec said:

You been watching this year? For his rookie year he was going great guns IMO. Nothing outstanding like his fellow outside backs but a damn good prospect for the future. Very unlucky that he suffered a season ending injury at training, that'd be a major piss off.

Jebadude said:
Alec said:

You been watching this year? For his rookie year he was going great guns IMO. Nothing outstanding like his fellow outside backs but a damn good prospect for the future. Very unlucky that he suffered a season ending injury at training, that'd be a major piss off.

You can't just forgive some of his faults because he is a rookie. I never said he doesn't have a good future, all I said was that he just wasn't that good at the moment.

Currently sucks is very harsh. He's had a good start to his career IMO.

Jeb: Alec thinks MOST players suck unless they play for the Broncos. Never watched a game in his life, I'm convinced of it!

Coxy said:
Jeb: Alec thinks MOST players suck unless they play for the Broncos. Never watched a game in his life, I'm convinced of it!

:roll:

I'm convinced some of YOU have never watched a game in your life and just listen to the commentators.

There are plenty of Broncos players I don't rate: More than most here I'd imagine. Playes like Boyd, Kemp, Stagg, Sims, Robinson, Eastwood, Marsh etc.

Alec said:
Coxy said:

I'm convinced some of YOU have never watched a game in your life and just listen to the commentators.

When did commentators start praising Chambers for being so great [icon_shru he is a decent talent, not amazing but he certainly isn't crap like you claim.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:
Coxy said:

When did commentators start praising Chambers for being so great [icon_shru he is a decent talent, not amazing but he certainly isn't crap like you claim.

I'm talking more about players such as Cooper Cronk. Last year, all I've seen was everyone praise him to no end, even though he is average at best.

Alec said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:
Coxy said:

I'm talking more about players such as Cooper Cronk. Last year, all I've seen was everyone praise him to no end, even though he is average at best.

Average at best maybe but fact of the matter is his team won a Premiership and he went on to play halfback for Australia. Of course the praise will be thrown at him.

Jebadude said:
Alec said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:
Coxy said:

Average at best maybe but fact of the matter is his team won a Premiership and he went on to play halfback for Australia. Of course the praise will be thrown at him.

Cronk is a gun, great kicking game and sound passing game and one of the better defensive halfs in the game add to that the fact he can play almost anywhere on the field if forced to add to that he was a big part in a side which has lost 8 or so games in 2 and half seasons add to that he is a premiership winning halfback add to that he was a major contributor in his debut for his COUNTRY when they won 58-0.......but he is crap though [eusa_eh

I think Cronk is a quality player. He would be in my top 5 halfbacks.

Bit harsh on Chambers, hes been solid from what I've seen... as others have said nothing spectacular but hes a future prospect for them.

When someone like Cameron Smith or Inglis is out for an extended period, then we can start saying the cracks are appearing. It won't happen though, not that I'd wish injury on any of those guys but the Storm just seem blessed with their key players.

Kid has a big future. Shame to see him go out in his rookie season like that.

As for Cronk, he is easily top 5 halves in the comp. Great kicking game, best defensive 7 in the comp, great organiser, solid passing game. Everything you want in a halfback and more. Plus he can cover 1, 13, 6 and 9 as well.

Je$ter said:

As for Cronk, he is easily top 5 halves in the comp. Great kicking game, best defensive 7 in the comp, great organiser, solid passing game. Everything you want in a halfback and more. Plus he can cover 1, 13, 6 and 9 as well.

Yep and wouldn't be out of place on the QLD bench as our utility. As a matter of fact he is THE most logical choice IMO

Dexter said:
Je$ter said:

Yep and wouldn't be out of place on the QLD bench as our utility. As a matter of fact he is THE most logical choice IMO

I was saying that a month before Origin he would have been a far better choice than Marsh and is probably a smarter choice than Prince as he is so versatile and is a far better defender.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Skathen
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gympie devil
  • vertigo
  • Spoon
  • Sproj
  • broncs30
  • kman
  • The Don
  • Lozza
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.