Will Hunt play Origin in 2015?

Call me selfish, but a part of me hopes Hunt never plays Origin.

I'm sick of losing key players during the Origin period and putting up with mediocre performances. Although, this year was a little better. Mainly because of our schedule.

Last edited:

I'm sick of losing key players during the Origin period and putting up with mediocre performances. Although, this year was a little better. Mainly because of our schedule.

It's the price you pay for having a successful team

I can see your point Super Freak but at the same time, Origin can definitely mould a player too.

Look at Alfie Langer. This is all theory, but when he was selected, there were all sorts of question marks over him, legitimate ones too - but the selectors backed him and he stepped up and never looked back.

I'd say the same about JT. I wonder what his career would have been like had he not come up with a try-saver on Rooney and kicked the equaliser against the Blues in his first game (can thank his former GF captain for that)

Right now, I'm not even thinking about Origin. I'm just crossing my fingers, hoping he can develop his passing/kicking game. He's got a deadly show and go but he needs those other aspects to improve if he wants to be considered the best.

Hunt or Milford playing Origin is the only chance we'll ever have to see Ash Taylor play first grade for us IMO.

Sheens is a moron, we all know that, but Meninga is not.
I dunno, the decision to play an obviously injured DCE not once but twice in this years series was a moronic move that basically cost us the series.

Thurston and Cronk will be the starting halves, so down to DCE and Hunt for the bench spot.

Active Now

• john1420
  • MrTickyMcG
  • The Don
  • azza.79
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • mitch222
  • Wolfie
  • BRC088
  • maddo
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • LGH
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.