POST GAME Women's State of Origin - QLD v NSW

Kelly has a crack and is actually dangerous when she gets the ball. Sergis didn’t do a thing tonight except for a few grubby cheap shots
she dropped a sitter that could have been the try of the season 😏

Feel bad for Kezie, such a great smile.

These girls go alright.

Who said women’s footy is boring?

Sorry bp. That was caught on outside shoulder.
I'm not comparing the two directly, but it was a joke of a decision because they said it was a defensive decision by Croft.

There's been others where they've ruled no impact on the play.

That ref should be fired though, legit.

It’s the fact that the decoy went way too early. No obstruction but she sucked a defender in...unfairly.

5619dcc576e20b89b9491b051ba358aa.jpg

It was a good game. Nice tight scoreline for once. Nice to see what RL can be without Vlandys tentacles ruining it.

That was sick. Go QLD!

I don't really see the controversy regarding the penalty.

It was a clear leg pull by Hanisi as Lenarduzzi is trying to play the ball. She makes a clear second effort and pulls at the leg. It would have been penalized in the NRL. You just can't do that.

As for that obstruction call. Bullshit call because of a technicality. That never should have been an obstruction. It was clear they fell for the decoy.

**** yes girls. What a win, was on the edge of my seat that last 10 mins.

The bad:

Sergis, Cherrington, Wheeler all need a good punch in the face. Absolute grubs. Wish Mato got a hold of Cherrington after her carry on.

Sharpe was absolutely terrible (surprise), and not for the calls she made, but the ones she didn't. I know the penalty-thon it should've been would've been criticised for the pro-6 again idiots, but NSW got away with murder in the ruck up until the last 15 minutes when she decided to start calling a couple.

Fox with Voss and Gale + the NSW panel was ear-bleed inducing and they need to do better, although Stowers and Dibb did their best to be neutral so credit there. Bremner is terrible.

The good:

Destiny Brill - That's a debut and a half. There's a QLD hooker for the next decade.

Same for Rafstrand-Smith. Didn't look out of place, belted a few for good measure and ran some good lines.

Tazmin Gray was excellent again. Both her and Lenarduzzi came up with some crucial plays and strong runs. Clark had a good debut off the bench as well. Backs were mostly quiet due to the weather. Robbo was good, would've loved to see her smash Sergis a few times though. Would've liked to see Romy get a shot but I can understand the need for forwards in that weather.

For the Blues, Millie was great, and Kelly was ok. Studdon was wonderful for us

I could be picky about our team's shortcomings in that game but I'm just going to enjoy that win and the NSW tears.

I'm really glad the bunker made their presence known.

That was awful defence from the Maroons all told.
Catching the replay, just realised that penalty wasn't due to bunker intervention for a late hit by Tazmin Grey but just general play.

So the later salt was completely unnecessary.

I don't think it was the greatest performance by Sleeman but the return to the traditional system helped make for a more compelling game.

Super Freak said:
I don't really see the controversy regarding the penalty.

It was a clear leg pull by Hanisi as Lenarduzzi is trying to play the ball. She makes a clear second effort and pulls at the leg. It would have been penalized in the NRL. You just can't do that.

As for that obstruction call. Bullshit call because of a technicality. That never should have been an obstruction. It was clear they fell for the decoy.
I think it just annoyed fans because Sleeman let a lot go in the ruck only to decide the game on a penalty. However, it was 100% the right call and Hanisi gave her no other choice.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • Fatboy
  • Brotherdu
  • The Strapper
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • BooKhaki
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.