Work experience @ Brisbane Broncos

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Just a quick question- Does anyone know what the best way of getting an opportunity for work experience at the Broncos is?

Cheers [icon_wink

What kind of work experience?

I don't like your chances, but good luck!

Depends really on if they see you as being serious, what are you planning to study?

aah well to be honest, I haven't chosen yet, but I have a pretty good idea. That is physical activity and modern history.

Well before you contact them i would suggest doing some research ect looking into what you want to do. And then if it is what you indeed want to do maybe go to Red Hill and ask for some information from the Admin or get your Teacher to contact them on your behalf.

They are a nightmare to tee this stuff up with. I've been allocated to them via uni in the past and it was like pulling teeth trying to communicate with them.

Persistence is my one piece of advice.

thanks for your help, I'll try sending them my resume with an enclosed letter, see if that works.

Hatchy said:
thanks for your help, I'll try sending them my resume with an enclosed letter, see if that works.

If you can mate send the resume and then go in to them after a few days. Ask if they recieved it and say you want to introduce yourself.

Best thing ive been told in regards to finding work is "A Resume is something they can toss out, They put a face to that resume and it makes it a person."

draggx said:
Best thing ive been told in regards to finding work is "A Resume is something they can toss out, They put a face to that resume and it makes it a person."

definitely. push to meet someone and be persistent (but not annoying). just sending a resume isn't showing any real effort and it'll just get put in a pile and forgotten, or tossed.

Jeba said:
I did it in 2001, but I had contacts!!

I did it in 1993, but I had glasses!! :P

LOLZ, my high school did 1 week of placed work experience for year 11s. I just put I wanted to do "Sports administration", and they got me a spot at the Broncos. Don't ask me how!

That was preliminary final week, leading up to that epic 23-16 win over the Bulldogs to book our second grand final. Awesome week.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Lostboy
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.