World Club Challenge 2013 Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Melbourne Storm vs. Leeds Rhinos

Storm Squad: Kenny Bromwich, Jesse Bromwich, Will Chambers, Cooper Cronk, Brett Finch, Mahe Fonua, Ben Hampton, Tohu Harris, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Ryan Hoffman, Junior Moors, Bryan Norrie, Justin O'Neill, Jason Ryles, Junior Sa'u, Lagi Setu, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Siosaia Vave, Sisa Waqa, Gareth Widdop.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d-club-challenge/story-e6frep5x-1226574803604

Duffie, Proctor and M. Blair are all injured.

Out of that side I expect...

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin O'Neil
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cam Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Junior Moors
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Brett Finch
15. Jason Ryles
16. Siosaia Vave
17. Kenny Bromwich

Leaving Ben Hampton, Tohu Harris, Junior Sa'u & Lagi Setu as spectators.

If there are any changes, it'll either be to the backline (Sau to centres, O'Neil wing, Fonua dropped) or forwards (Harris or Setu in for Finch)

They've still got such a good team.

There would be a bit more to play for after Kevin Sinfield was awarded the golden boot, Cameron would love to get one over him. I hope the Storm win and take the trophy back to Australia.

World Club Challenge: Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm
Rhinos: 1. Kallum Watkins 2. Joel Moon 3. Ryan Hall 4. Danny McGuire 5. Rob Burrow 6. Kylie Leuluai 7. Paul McShane 8. Jamie Peacock 9. Jamie Jones-Buchanan 10. Carl Ablett 11. Kevin Sinfield 12. Stevie Ward 13. Brett Delaney
Interchange: 14. Ian Kirke 15. Chris Clarkson 16. Mitch Achurch 17. Richard Moore 18. Jimmy Keinhorst 19. Joe Vickery
Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Will Chambers 5. Mahe Fonua 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Tohu Harris 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange (two to be omitted): 14. Jason Ryles 15. Brett Finch 16. Siosaia Vave 17. Junior Moors 18. Kenny Bromwich 19. Lagi Setu
7:00am AEDT (8pm UK time), Carnegie Headingley Stadium, Leeds UK
Live TV: GEM Channel 90
Referee: Ben Thaler; Touch Judges: George Stokes and James Child; Video Referee: Phil Bentham

Melbourne are the world champions to the beat of 18-14.

Typical Storm performance in the sense that they got to a lead and defended it very well. Leeds threw a lot at them, but the Storm defence held very firm. Both sides I thought lacked patience & Storm weren't obviously as seasoned but all in all an impressive hit out.

Bromwich & Cronk my two stand outs with Tohu Harris looking every bit as good as he did in the NYC.

It was a pretty even contest really. Storm started each half strongly, but their lack of condition showed with Leeds coming home stronger in each half. Ultimately the Storm won because they took their chances, while Leeds blew a couple of theirs.

I couldn't stay up late enough to watch it, fell asleep.

But I wouldn't expect anything less from the 3 GOAT's.

Storm bombed 2 chances to seal the game. The commentary was shitful

The English commentary is always sh!t. Just sucking up to their beloved pommies the whole game.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.