NEWS Worst kept secret: Adam Reynolds will be be the next captain of the Brisbane Broncos

Former premiership winning captain, Kevin Walters:

"We have to find a captain from somewhere to replace Alex and Adam is a proven leader at Souths. I’m looking forward to working more closely with Adam in the pre-season and getting to know him as a bloke. It’s important that a coach-captain relationship is strong and I believe I would have that with Adam. In the conversations I’ve had with Adam, we are thinking along the same lines and see the game the same way. He has a cool head under pressure and I like that in a captain."

“We signed Adam back in July and his signing means even more now when you think about the season he had and what he did taking Souths to the grand final. I don’t remember the Broncos ever signing two players from the grand final teams to join us the following year in Adam Reynolds and Kurt Capewell. It’s a terrific asset to have those two guys coming to the club and showing our young blokes the attitude that wins premierships."

“Adam has been at the top for a long time, around 10 years, so it’s great for us to get his experience. He has shown he can handle the demands of the NRL in a key position. I like that Adam brings knowledge, leadership and experience, he is a very strong character which you need to survive in the halves in the NRL."

“Adam is already committed to the Broncos in the chats I’ve had with him and he wants to finish off with a successful career at the Broncos. He has won a premiership at Souths and he won’t be able to do it all himself at the Broncos, so it’s important the coaching staff and the playing group help him achieve success here.”

Screenshot 2021 11 11 at 15 21 06 Marquee Broncos recruit set for ultimate honour 800x600

Former premiership-winning coach, Wayne Bennett:

“Should Adam be captain of the Broncos? The answer is an absolute yes, 1000 times over. I didn’t hesitate when Sam Burgess retired to make Adam captain and if I was at the Broncos, I wouldn’t blink on making him captain again. Adam is going to bring exactly what the Broncos need. He is a very tempered person. Very balanced. There is never any drama with Adam. He will bring to the Broncos a lot of things off the field that people won’t see. He comes from a very strong club at Souths and he has matured enormously as a leader of men.”

McHunt

I'd give VC to nearly anyone except Pat or Turps.
Mmm... let me see...Pat has a gorgeous head of flowing locks, and Turps sports probably one of the most outrageous haircuts the club has ever seen... I'm guessing @Nashy might be follically challenged.

Nah, He isn’t. I just made a bad joke last night that was easily misconstrued.
Oh I missed that. I've probably added to the list of bad jokes then.

So Adam has landed a third party agreement to commentate with Nine, and apparently there are more deals on the way. This is great for Adam, and maybe it was part of the offer that allowed us to sign him for a reasonable price, but I'm not sure taking his focus away from playing football will be good for the team.

Reynolds rocked up to training today. Isn't due to start till the 17th December. That's why he will be captain of the club and deservedly so. Team first kind of player

Reynolds rocked up to training today. Isn't due to start till the 17th December. That's why he will be captain of the club and deservedly so. Team first kind of player

When he was at that function the other day, it was clear he is captain, it just hasn't been announced yet.

is it to early to thank the Rabbitohs for being dumb *****?

just the positive energy he has brought to the club so far has been amazing, not just with the fans, but also with the playing group, coaches, management and sponsors.

he comes back 3 weeks early, despite a mandate for a 10 week break for veterans. but he immediately gets to work with our young halves passing on his advice and experience.

is it to early to thank the Rabbitohs for being dumb *****?

just the positive energy he has brought to the club so far has been amazing, not just with the fans, but also with the playing group, coaches, management and sponsors.

he comes back 3 weeks early, despite a mandate for a 10 week break for veterans. but he immediately gets to work with our young halves passing on his advice and experience.
Never too early. I haven't been this excited for a Broncos signing since... Milford in 2014 lol but in a different way. He's everything we've been missing in this team for years now, leadership, organisation, a top notch kicking game, a classy goal kicker and a genuine out and out experienced elite player who the young guys can look up to. Since Hodges/Parker retired we haven't had a genuine leader.

Never too early. I haven't been this excited for a Broncos signing since... Milford in 2014 lol but in a different way. He's everything we've been missing in this team for years now, leadership, organisation, a top notch kicking game, a classy goal kicker and a genuine out and out experienced elite player who the young guys can look up to. Since Hodges/Parker retired we haven't had a genuine leader.
Even then we were "hoping" to see those things evolve and come from Darius, Milf, Macca etc. Macca brought the professionalism but the rest was just plain and simply missing. Not sure how WB, White & Board/HQ saw the team evolving under their tenure but it wasn't shaping up to look good.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Maddy
  • bb_gun
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wild Horse
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.