Worst referee calls ever?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Inspired by what we saw on Saturday arvo what is the worst ref's call you've seen in any kind of sport at any level?.

The worst i've seen was when I was playing junior Rugby Union at Sunnybank at under 10 level (I played from under 9's to under 13's then switched to Rugby League at Clairvaux). This was under 10's in 2005 and we were playing Forest Lake and they ran over the sideline by about 2 meters and the touchie (who happened to be my dad) put his flag up and the referee just let the play go on as if nothing had happened :scared:.

One time in primary school I volunteered to ref a casual game of touch at recess. One of the star footy players of our year was a bit of a dick and scored a length of the field try off a sweet ball that put him in space. I pulled it up as forward, even though he threatened to bash me.

I've never admitted this, even when questioned through out that day about the call, but the pass was flat at worst and I knew it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the night Shayne Hayne reduced the Sharks to 10 men. Still a classic to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! I remember that. "He's off. He's off!"

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Skathen
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
  • Organix
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.