VOTE Would you be ok with Lodge as captain?

Should Matt Lodge Be Captain

• Yes

Votes: 85 63.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 25.6%

• Total voters
A smokescreen for???

maybe smokescreen wasn’t the right phrase but I definitely think it was leaked to take the focus off how poorly we went.

So you're saying that they leaked a story that has them crucified in the media to take the focus off a performance that has them crucified in the media?

So you're saying that they leaked a story that has them crucified in the media to take the focus off a performance that has them crucified in the media?
Yes.

instead of the whole club, from ceo down being crucified they changed the narrative to a questionable captain choice

Last edited:
Yeah that is whack.

Potentially they leaked it to test the waters but that is it.

It seems completely obvious that it was to test the waters and the waters were not calm. It is pretty basic business strategy for a questionable and unsure direction.

I can see another angle too. That they were hoping for complete and utter outrage and people saying "I'd rather Darius" so everyone is just relieved when it's announced Darius is remaining captain.

I can see another angle too. That they were hoping for complete and utter outrage and people saying "I'd rather Darius" so everyone is just relieved when it's announced Darius is remaining captain.

lol what a shitty thing that would be to do to Lodge.

Does anyone not see that this is a further sign of the growing maturity and good judgment of Lodge. Having the nous to realise that now is not the right time for him for a number of reasons to take on the captaincy. In spite of that, he accepts that he has a leadership role and a role in mentoring the younger forwards. Well done Lodgey, well played. You are going to make a fine captain in a couple of years.

Last edited:
It seems completely obvious that it was to test the waters and the waters were not calm. It is pretty basic business strategy for a questionable and unsure direction.

If they needed to test the waters to know what the response would be, they'd have to be completely out of touch with reality.

I don't believe that to be the case. It was a distraction from the fact we'd just had one of our worst season's ever after moving on arguably the greatest coach of all time.
[automerge]1570947288[/automerge]
Does anyone not see that this is a further sign of the growing maturity and good judgment of Lodge. Having the nous to realise that now is not the right time for him for a number of reasons to take on the captaincy. In spite of that, he accepts that he has a leadership role and a role in mentoring the younger forwards. Well done Lodgey, well played. You are going to make a fine captain in a couple of years.

Easy to say he wasn't going to take it when it was never really an option.

Last edited:
If they needed to test the waters to know what the response would be, they'd have to be completely out of touch with reality.

I don't believe that to be the case. It was a distraction from the fact we'd just had one of our worst season's ever after moving on arguably the greatest coach of all time.

Long contracts for busted old players and Ever increasing ticket prices is good evidence they ARE out of touch with reality.

Zzzzzzz as usual, change the channel you are becoming so boring.

Pssst, your hero has not won anything for nine years, at 4 different clubs. Are you seeing a pattern?

Pssst, your hero has not won anything for nine years, at 4 different clubs. Are you seeing a pattern?
And yet the club needed to distract the public from what a monumental **** up this season was.

Active Now

• Dreaglor
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.