CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

Rumours the poms refused drinks after the game.

if true that’s appalling. A new level of bitterness and petulance that’s embarrassing for English cricket and their fans.
Not true.

There was stuff going on in the England dressing room with Broad, Ali and a couple of others. By the time that finished, the Aussie players had left. The word is they agreed to meet up for drinks later that evening.

IMG 1380

Not true.

There was stuff going on in the England dressing room with Broad, Ali and a couple of others. By the time that finished, the Aussie players had left. The word is they agreed to meet up for drinks later that evening.
Nah, it’s poor form. The aussies waited for an hour and a half. Petulant.

Nah, it’s poor form. The aussies waited for an hour and a half.
Nah, it’s poor form. The aussies waited for an hour and a half. Petulant.
Maybe they should have had the drinks first and then done their thing.

Hopefully it wasn’t intentional, but let’s go back to the cricket.

Thought it was a dissapointing ashes in fairness. For me I’m not a fan of Bazball, I think there’s a fine line between attacking intent and being reckless.
The Aussies, well, a couple of individual performances aside, there was something missing.

Funny thing is, there’s been a few comments thrown Englands way here, that for decades, Englands fans have accused Australia of. Funny old world eh? Lol

...getting that ridiculous ball change ( which will lead to a change in how that happens I believe )....

Assuming there was a decent sample size, I'd be a fan of the umpires picking three balls, the batters narrowing it to two, the bowlers picking one of those remaining.

Our batting was timid and kept England in the match.
Lyon getting injured and the haphazard use of Murphy hurt our balance.
Cummins and his tactics.
Tail barely wagging, 3 No 11s was most of the time correct.

Prior to the change, England's bowlers were looking to extract reverse swing from the unhelpful older ball with a cordon of catchers placed in front of batters Khawaja and David Warner, who had posted the series' first 100-plus opening stand to anchor Australia's victory pursuit of 384.

But when play resumed on Monday morning – the pair having faced less than two overs against the replacement ball before rain set in Sunday evening – three wickets fell in the opening hour, all to catches behind the wicket as the ball moved appreciably off the surface and in the air.

Certainly older than 37 overs it seems!

An investigation is set to be launched into the Ashes ball-swapping fiasco, amid speculation the offending ball that cost Australia victory was from a previous series when a more bowler-friendly product was used in Tests.
When Australia was 0-135 and hunting history-making Ashes glory in the fifth Test at The Oval earlier this week, a replacement ball granted to England after just 37 overs swung and seamed as if it had a mind of its own and completely changed the course of the game.

Such was the bizarre way the ball behaved from when it was brought out to the middle to the end of the innings, it played strikingly similar to a batch of balls produced from 2018-19 when the Dukes’ ball proved devastating for batsmen.

It was blatantly unfair and happened twice and both times England massively benefitted. A ball change should dictate a result and that one certainly did.

So I wonder what the result would be if they find there was something dodgy going on there? Nullify the result? Demote the match referee?

Certainly older than 37 overs it seems!

An investigation is set to be launched into the Ashes ball-swapping fiasco, amid speculation the offending ball that cost Australia victory was from a previous series when a more bowler-friendly product was used in Tests.
When Australia was 0-135 and hunting history-making Ashes glory in the fifth Test at The Oval earlier this week, a replacement ball granted to England after just 37 overs swung and seamed as if it had a mind of its own and completely changed the course of the game.

Such was the bizarre way the ball behaved from when it was brought out to the middle to the end of the innings, it played strikingly similar to a batch of balls produced from 2018-19 when the Dukes’ ball proved devastating for batsmen.

The story I heard was the balls were exclusively for this series .
And there were a limited number . Because there were only balls from this series and not a collection from previous series or County games there were a limited number of used balls to choose from .
The ball that was chosen was the closest in wear to the one it was replacing . Obviously a poor match .

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • Alec
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.