OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

How do these offers leak before signing anyway? Surely that stuff is private and confidential

It's easy to see how teams like Newcastle, Wests, Canterbury.. simply can't get out of it because of the way the salary cap is and the teams at the top know how to manipulate it the best. Look at Wests, they had Moses and Tedesco picked out of their team, they're still down there scratching and clawing while the teams that recruited these players are genuine contenders. Why even develop your own talent?
There are obvious advantages to developing talent if the club is a desirable place to play. We (and the clubs you mentioned) are basket cases undone by years of gross mismanagement.

But fortunes can be turned around. Take Parramatta, the most recent example I can think of. Not long ago, they were wooden spooners from Western Sydney (who nobody wanted to play for), plagued by salary cap scandals and the media’s favourite punching bag. A clean out from the top down starting with the board ensued and crucially, their replacements appear to be smart operators that know how to manage club affairs, the cap and playing roster.

Donaghy claims to be competent in these areas but it remains to be seen whether he’ll be handed the keys to the club. My concern is that the rotten influence from the top continues to fester.

Let’s map this timeline..
-Coates says he wants to be a bronco for life and tells fans to hang in there
- broncos get a historic come from behind win and Coates tours storm HQ the morning after
- every news outlet breaks his leaving of the broncos
- Coates publicly says nothing has been signed yet
If he still leaves anyway after all of this then he is **** of the year

How do these offers leak before signing anyway? Surely that stuff is private and confidential
It's been out there for months.

JAC gone - need a new kid who's already played Origin - I figured they knew we wouldn't blow our cap to keep him.

Honestly, who cares. He is potentially a gun, but if he wants to make the club go into a bidding war, cya later. He is 3-4 years away from being an elite winger. He is still one of the worst defensive wingers in the comp, as well as being useless coming out of trouble.

Interesting that Coates apparently only wants a two year deal with Melbourne.. Heard the Storm had initially offered him three years..

Either he’s confident of being worthy of an upgrade or he isn’t keen to remain in Melbourne long term

I imagine he will once it is official. There are other wing options at the club, so why not drop him?

I actually think he should’ve been dropped after the parra game anyway. Mead would do a lot for the defence on that side.

Interesting that Coates apparently only wants a two year deal with Melbourne.. Heard the Storm had initially offered him three years..

Either he’s confident of being worthy of an upgrade or he isn’t keen to remain in Melbourne long term
Worried about life at Storm post Bellamy

Or he's taking the bet that being there for 2 years will make him his next contract skyrocket if he becomes a star down there.

Basically using them as a platform for a mega deal which I'm sure the Storm are fine with if they get a cheap player for the wing position to replace Carr.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.