PLAYER Xavier Willison

Hunt only plays hooker as a reserve 3 times a year .
You reckon he could start and be better than William ? Personally I don`t rate Hunt . Too many errors in his game for my liking .
Without a doubt.

................. I do also think it's fair to say had we wangled Ben Hunt as hooker we'd have won it.
Ben Hunt makes sure he doesn't win grand finals
by dropping the ball at the most crucial time possible........

I think that was his only indiscretion and albeit I will concede that he's partially to blame. Still had a good game I thought.

To say we are a hooker away from a grand final is BS... We were 15 minutes away from a GF and I think if Herbies pass didnt hit the ground in the second half the momentum would never have shifted.
Mine was more about the claim that Baker was forcing an offload... the play was on Billy was just asleep on it.

There's plenty to take aim at on Baker, but I don't think that play was one of them.

I think if he keeps performing this year we will probably have to offer him something so he can stay long term, We also need to cut some fat in the Squad I feel, Paix definitely has to be offloaded we don't need 4 hookers in our Top 30 especially since development contract players can play from round 1 starting from this year, I would leave that for a Journeyman Qcup/NSWcup player or something.

Players like Kobe need to be able to play Edge when needed to cover our depth short comings too, Marty is almost certainly on his last year here too.

The squad will have to very optimised if we want to keep Willison if he becomes that Rep level player while also keeping Te Kura.

It's still early days but Willison looks to have a higher ceiling than Flegs.

Jensen also paid tribute to young stars, Xavier Willison and Ben Te Kura for their performances off the bench in recent weeks. “He's an awesome prospect (Xavier Willison), same with Benny Te Kura. What I've always said is that I love their willingness to learn and willingness to get better. The sky's the limit for both those guys.”

Without a doubt.

Some insights from another member of BHQ .

Ben Hunt is the second. His erratic style might've worked for him with younger legs, but he appears to be a step slower and he's getting caught when doing his usual ropeadope in the line tactic. You could never rely on Ben to make the right play every time, but he'd normally somehow come up with an answer even in the most unorthodox of ways, mainly because he had that lower center of gravity to shrug off and skip away. I haven't seen that from him this year. This one is a little more understandable at 34, but in my eyes he's going to go on a very steep decline in the next 12 months. Not even sure he'll make the origin team this year.

Father time has no mercy .

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.