PLAYER Xavier Willison

I cant believe people are nit picking that Corey Jensen isnt immense in every game. I'm sure people dont know how rugby league squad management works.

As for Corey, he's been consistently good now for the last couple of years. I dont see what the issue is.

When the team needs a momentum change Jensen is still doing his usual .
A big tackle or a half break even an offload could do it ? Nope just tuck it under the arm and get rolled on his back again .
Only has one gear .
I was one of the 1st to acknowledge his consistency and low mistake rate last season . This year when the team needed a lift . He can`t answer that call .

When the team needs a momentum change Jensen is still doing his usual .
A big tackle or a half break even an offload could do it ? Nope just tuck it under the arm and get rolled on his back again .
Only has one gear .
I was one of the 1st to acknowledge his consistency and low mistake rate last season . This year when the team needed a lift . He can`t answer that call .

We only need him to have one gear. Thats the player he is and thats what we pay him to be. The sort of player every team needs to compliment others you pay big money to so when you need a lift or momentum change, you look to the players you paid the big dollars to provide it.

Like i said, i wonder sometimes about peoples knowledge of the game. I'm sure you think we can have a team of game breakers 🙄

We only need him to have one gear. Thats the player he is and thats what we pay him to be. The sort of player every team needs to compliment others you pay big money to so when you need a lift or momentum change, you look to the players you paid the big dollars to provide it.

Like i said, i wonder sometimes about peoples knowledge of the game. I'm sure you think we can have a team of game breakers 🙄

When the chips are down you need to lift .
Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome ?

I cant believe people are nit picking that Corey Jensen isnt immense in every game. I'm sure people dont know how rugby league squad management works.

As for Corey, he's been consistently good now for the last couple of years. I dont see what the issue is.
He has been great the last 2 years. In a team full of error riddled flashy players, a no nonsense bloke who just smashes the tough stuff is exactly what is needed, and he probably deserves more cash than what he is getting.

When the chips are down you need to lift .
Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome ?
That's not his job. He is there to make tackles and metres. Not setup tries or throw stupid offloads.

Do you expect Reynolds to start taking hitups from inside our 20 if we are losing field position? Ya know, don't do the same thing etc.

I like him alot but I do think next year we are going to have to make a choice between him and hethrington. We can't carry 2 small middles anymore.
Either walters grows a pair and picks the best team rather than the poorly balanced benches or we release one. I would pick jensen on performances FOR SURE but if we don't get a good 2nd row/middle (klese haas, paliasia etc)and hethrington can prove a 2nd row option jensen might be a sacrificial lamb.
We need to get out of our end or next year will be the same. To do that we need big middles, as well as a metre making winger (skelton would be PERFECT), and Mariner (particulalrly) and arthurs put on size with increased dirty work from cobbo (if he's around) and staggs.
Would love 1 more experienced big man middle option too, particularly if tapau isn't re-signed.

I like him alot but I do think next year we are going to have to make a choice between him and hethrington. We can't carry 2 small middles anymore.
Either walters grows a pair and picks the best team rather than the poorly balanced benches or we release one. I would pick jensen on performances FOR SURE but if we don't get a good 2nd row/middle (klese haas, paliasia etc)and hethrington can prove a 2nd row option jensen might be a sacrificial lamb.
We need to get out of our end or next year will be the same. To do that we need big middles, as well as a metre making winger (skelton would be PERFECT), and Mariner (particulalrly) and arthurs put on size with increased dirty work from cobbo (if he's around) and staggs.
Would love 1 more experienced big man middle option too, particularly if tapau isn't re-signed.

I think initially the plan was going to be Hetherington at lock to give Patty a spell, but we seem to get really loose in defence when he goes off ( and its not like we are strong defensively anyway ). Kobe isnt really a prop, and he's not great in the back row so i think he's the one more likely to make way unless he can evolve a bit.

It’s almost like we need a few more like Jensen to get the tough stuff done.

Jensen is the same size as Patty, imo we don't need Kobe he needs to be able to play backrow better to justify keeping him.

Ideally we would want a second rower who can play middle instead to cover his role, Kleese Haas being the ideal type of player.

This is assuming we keep Marty on for another year which we should be, as we don't want to risk buying another baker to replace him.

That's not his job. He is there to make tackles and metres. Not setup tries or throw stupid offloads.

Do you expect Reynolds to start taking hitups from inside our 20 if we are losing field position? Ya know, don't do the same thing etc.

Straw man !
I wasn`t talkin about him setting up tries or impossible offloads . I`m talkin get a run up off the back fence and change momentum or an agressive tackle under the ball and cause a knock on .
Those things are in his job description . And quite achieveable . Unlike the ridiculousness you`re sprouting .

Straw man !
I wasn`t talkin about him setting up tries or impossible offloads . I`m talkin get a run up off the back fence and change momentum or an agressive tackle under the ball and cause a knock on .
Those things are in his job description . And quite achieveable . Unlike the ridiculousness you`re sprouting .
You talk about this like it's so easy. If it was easy, it would be done all the time. A run up from the back fence, he's also a chance of getting smashed and making no PCM, or dropping the ball. It's not a video game.

That’s all well and good, but he should also be able to chip and chase and go 90 metres when the team needs it.

It's easy to get lost on what a decent middle looks like when the rest are super stars in your team, Jensen is still in the top 10 middles for meters per game which would put him on the verge of Rep level.

A Player like Stefano Utoikamanu who half of Sydney have been trying to get is Averaging almost 30 Meters less a game for comparison.

You talk about this like it's so easy. If it was easy, it would be done all the time. A run up from the back fence, he's also a chance of getting smashed and making no PCM, or dropping the ball. It's not a video game.
Yep !
Just take it easy , you might exert yourself . LOL .

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • BooKhaki
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Midean
  • Spooky1013
  • theshed
  • Dreaglor
  • Porthoz
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • RolledOates
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.