You just know it’s going to happen.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Fifita at the right price isn't a bad signing, it's just a million dollars a season you can never really get that sort of effort out of him. He's not the kind of player to get in the middle and make 200 metres a game

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Fifita at the right price isn't a bad signing, it's just a million dollars a season you can never really get that sort of effort out of him. He's not the kind of player to get in the middle and make 200 metres a game
Probably get you 150m on the fringes though if he gets the right ball.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
II would LOVE to be the new Rorters, that's when you know we are back!
This. It's gonna happen too, Sydney and Melbourne have shown you can dominate year after year if you have the right admin in place, that's where Brisbane are headed.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This. It's gonna happen too, Sydney and Melbourne have shown you can dominate year after year if you have the right admin in place, that's where Brisbane are headed.

And the NRL model, the way it works now, encourages the haves and have nots and we are definitely one of the haves clubs, finally throwing our muscle around again.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
I dont know where the budget comes from. The cap is near maxed for sure.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Fifi would have to take a pay cut for sure, but would the NRL allow it? And Haas would have to be released with his new club picking up 100% of the rest of his contract
The NRL will register a contract based on his value in the market, but just because Titans paid $1.2m doesn't mean that's his value now... otherwise Fifita would never get another contract registered.

If Kikau is getting $800k next year from the dogs, I'd say Fifita's value is probably about $700k.... might be able to sign him for $600k pending circumstances and interest from NRL teams, but I don't really know how lenient the NRL go with contracts like that. If the player is keen to move and the receiving team is somewhere in the vicinity of his value I think the NRL usually try to make it work.

You're not getting Fifita for less than that though... and even $600k might be a stretch.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
But I want him to keep using 1.2m of the Titans cap every year...

We can maybe get him to re-sign with the Tits for $1.2 million for a year for 3 more years, then immediately request a release to the Broncos where we pay him $500k/yr and the Tits have to front up the other $700k. That would be acceptable too IMO.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Ok, so we will / have lost (and I'm guesstimating here):

Lodge - 800k
Haas - 950k
Isaako - 400k?
Turpin - 200k?
James - 150k?
Kennedy - 150k?
TPJ - 500k?
Oates - 500k? (downgrade incoming or gone)
Mead - 100k?
TMM - 75k?
Lee - 200k?

Now we have had a stack of signings / re-signings in that time with Cobbo, Farnworth, Mam, Willison, Capewell, Reynolds, Mozer, Piakura, etc

So I imagine to get Fifita, we'd need to maybe lose a Riki AND a Robati. Would we want to do that? I'm not sure.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
You wonder if the 2 greediest broncos in recent memory will take pay cuts?

I wouldn't be surprised if Fifita does. He never wanted to leave and he has already received his big pay day. He also knows now what it is like to play for a constant bottom feeder club who at its peak, is only good enough for one week in the finals before sinking back into mediocrity.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if Fifita does. He never wanted to leave and he has already received his big pay day. He also knows now what it is like to play for a constant bottom feeder club who at its peak, is only good enough for one week in the finals before sinking back into mediocrity.
He's basically pocketed 1.8m after tax for the 3 years, if he isn't a dumb arse he's already set for life, so he may be happy to take less now and achieve career goals.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He's basically pocketed 1.8m after tax for the 3 years, if he isn't a dumb arse he's already set for life, so he may be happy to take less now and achieve career goals.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holbrook gets sacked as widely tipped, that Redcliffe suddenly come in with a huge offer for Tino.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Is his brother any good? Would Dave leave him there.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  • Battler
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.