Your Least Favourite Bronco Team Ever

QUEENSLANDER said:
6. Ben Ikin - i blame him for us losing prince. prince left because he wanted halfback, which ikin had, then 1 week after prince announces he is leaving, ikin retires. do it a week earlier and we probably would have had prince

I will never forgive him for that.

Yeah. Wasn't QUITE like that though. Ikin didn't want to play halfback, he was playing five-eighth. However, yes, the Broncos had budgeted for his salary in 2004, meaning there wasn't enough money for Prince, Prince goes to Tigers for not much more than the Broncos could've offered if Ikin was gone. And then Ikin retires anyway.

And then he comes out of retirement 6 months later to "help the Broncos out"...

1. Motu Tony
2. Craig Frawley
3. Reece Robinson
4. Stuart Kelly
5. Kaine Manihera
6. Anthony Mundine
7. Shane Perry
8. Andrew Gee
9. Paul Green
10. Darren Mapp
11. Corey Parker
12. Derricke Watkins
13. Brad Meyers

Far out, how did I forget embryo Frawley, cuz of Mundine Robinson and Paul "I've been everywhere man" Green....

But lay off Kaine Manihera. He's cool!

QUEENSLANDER said:
7. Shane Perry - get the ball, pass to lockyer, a monkey couldve done it

Shows how little you know about the role he played in 2006. He had no skill, he had no kicking game, but was a very valuable player. Every player on the field appreciated his presence.

I have no problem with you including him in your top 13 for this thread, but your complete disregard for the good work he did when we won a Premiership just pisses me off.

Jebadude said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Shows how little you know about the role he played in 2006. He had no skill, he had no kicking game, but was a very valuable player. Every player on the field appreciated his presence.

I have no problem with you including him in your top 13 for this thread, but your complete disregard for the good work he did when we won a Premiership just pisses me off.

You said he has no skill, then tell me hes valuable lol. If he has no skill then a half from qld cup couldve done the job. Unless they all had no skill too?

QUEENSLANDER said:
Jebadude said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

You said he has no skill, then tell me hes valuable lol. If he has no skill then a half from qld cup couldve done the job. Unless they all had no skill too?

Um, a half from qld cup DID do the job! LOLZ

Big Pete has pretty much nailed it.
When Wayne tried to reinvent himself as a coach, the era when he didn't think a scheming half back was important, we had some honking players.

Coxyz said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Jebadude said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

there was only 1 half we had available? if so then i conceed, but i highly doubt perry was the only half we had available.. and besides, even jeb admitted the bloke had no talent, yet he expects me to hold him in this high esteem simply because he was in the team that won? sometimes there are passengers, thats ok...

QUEENSLANDER said:
Coxyz said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Jebadude said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

there was only 1 half we had available? if so then i conceed, but i highly doubt perry was the only half we had available.. and besides, even jeb admitted the bloke had no talent, yet he expects me to hold him in this high esteem simply because he was in the team that won? sometimes there are passengers, thats ok...

They could've gone with Seymour. I know he was sacked late in the season but Perry was the first choice halfback for some time up until that point. Joel Moon's name was thrown around too after some awesome Q-Cup form. But they went with Perry, and it would've been a lot harder for us to win it with Seymour or Moon in the number 7.

I don't expect you to name him as your favourite player by any means, but I think your reasoning behind Perry's selection in your team shows that you hold no regard for the role that he played. He was the organiser, telling the big blokes like Webcke, Civoniceva, Thorn etc where to go, and he did such a damn good job at it, and then it took the weight off Lockyer and Hodges who were the free to just apply their own skill to the game. The big men absolutely loved his presence on the field, and that's coming from their mouths!

I just don't think you understand that his role was not to simply give it to Lockyer. It was much more than that.

i dont have a hate team, i only have a few players that i dont like..

* Ben Ikin- hes just a douche. you can tell. you could tell before channel 9 allowed him to spray his douchiness to an unsuspecting audience. I love/hate when on the sunday footy show (how did he end up on that) he makes some comment that was either really lame, stupid or disrespectful, and everyone looks at him, things go silent for a second, and then sterlo gets everything back on topic.

*Anthony Mundine: no need to explain really

*Scott Prince: I have more of a respectful dislike for him more than anything. hes a great player, but all that nonsense about shushing the suncorp crowd in 07 rubbed me the wrong way haha.

*Ben Hannant: Pretty much just walked out on us. don't like it.

*Carl Webb: I havent included players that had no rugby league talent, because i think its more waynes fault that he didnt see this, not the players, they always tried hard at least. which is something i cant say about carl webb. lazy bastard.

*Paul Hauff: Basically robbed my 2 favourite players of all time of their spot. Shane Duffy and Bob Conway had a great battle for the fullback spot back in the day, yet this asshole came along and ruined it all!!! :P

Besides these idiots, I love everyone thats worn the glorious maroon and gold jersey. They have given me great memories over the years, whether it was alan canns run in the 93 semi, Dale Shearers 2/7 goalkicking effort one time, Alfies never ending brilliance, or scott minto standing 5 metres away from where a penrith bomb was going to land, theyve all been contributing factors into why i love the broncos!

pennywisealfie said:
*Paul Hauff: Basically robbed my 2 favourite players of all time of their spot. Shane Duffy and Bob Conway had a great battle for the fullback spot back in the day, yet this asshole came along and ruined it all!!! :P

I thought Bob Conway was a second rower?

He was. lol and a pretty good one. Pity he got all those head knocks.

We've had far more crap backs than forwards, so apologies in advance for some strange selections. Lol.

1. Leon Bott
2. Stu Kelly
3. Fraser Anderson
4. Craig Frawley
5. Chris Walker
6. Anthony Mundine
7. Motu Tony
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Richard Swain
10. Carl Webb
11. Brent Tate
12. Kaine Manihera
13. Darren Mapp

14. Shane Perry
15. Alwyn Simpson
16. Nick Emmett
17. Nick Parfitt

Nah, Meyers missed out because IMO he was a genuinely awesome player but then was never the same due to injury. Bit unfair to put him in there despite the fact he definitely wasn't one of my favourites. The same doesn't apply to Tate who did genuinely go through a lot of injuries solely for the fact that whenever he'd play for Qld or Australia he'd shine, but then suck as soon as he got back onto the pitch for us!

1. O'Neill
2. Fraser Anderson
3. Mundine
4. Craig Frawley
5. Leon Bott
6. Seymour
7. Shane perry
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Richard Swain
10. Ben CZISLOWSKI
11. Darren Burns
12. Kris KAHLER
13. Darren Mapp

14. John TE REO
15. Brad TESSMANN
16. Nick Emmett
17. Nick Parfitt

Active Now

• Santa
  • Bongo
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • Strop
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.