Yow Yeh dropped for non-attendence

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
BRONCOS Test winger Jharal Yow Yeh has been banished to feeder club Norths after sleeping in on Australia Day.

Coach Anthony Griffin told the 23-year-old excitement machine not to bother coming back the next day after he arrived late to a Brisbane training session last Thursday.

Instead, Yow Yeh was ordered to report to Norths coach Craig Hodges.

Yow Yeh faced up to two weeks at Norths and a possible Intrust Super Cup trial for the Devils, but was effectively given a reprieve by his selection in the Indigenous All Stars team.

Yow Yeh trained with Norths last Friday but was then allowed to go into camp with the Laurie Daley-coached All Stars team on the Gold Coast and is likely to resume Broncos training on Monday. There does, however, remain a chance of further disciplinary action.

"I've never had a problem (before) with Jharal but he was careless in this instance, and he has to serve his penance," Griffin told The Courier-Mail.

"I'm a very big fan of his, as a player and a person.

"Because of that, I have high expectations. But that is the case with every player at the club, and there are no exceptions to the rule. Unless they have a valid reason, being late for training is unacceptable."

Yow Yeh admitted yesterday that he had made a mistake.

"I put my hand up for that," he said.

"We set high standards at the Broncos and no one is above the rules. I've copped it on the chin and it's up to me to prove myself at training and that's what I plan to do."

Hodges, who has replaced Trevor Bailey as Norths coach, said he could not fault Yow Yeh's effort on Friday.

"He was sensational," Hodges said.

"(But) I can understand the Broncos' stance, given at that level discipline is so important."

Yet another thing I love about Hook. Tough but fair.

Love it. love Hooks discipline and love Yow Yehs attitude to it.

Yow Yeh could be playing in the centres this year... For Norths.

I think Oxy was making the humourous observation that by sleeping in on Australia Day it meant YY wasn't in Canberra participating in the Labor-orchestrated harassment of Gillard and Abbott at that restaurant ;-)

I love Anthony Griffin's attitude he sure doesn't tolerate any nonsense from anyone. Your a great coach Anthony good luck for this year. In just 1 season you owned Henjack in a heartbeat.

Great response from both parties here. Yow Yeh deserves to be somewhat punished for not conforming to the team rules.

I wonder sometimes if Ricketts is gay and in love with anything relating to the Broncos. Yeah yeah its a club i bleed for if you cut me open I would bleed Maroon and Gold, but i like to read about the other clubs as well.

Good point but if I was a commentator I woudn't blatenly favour the Broncos during games and write sickening bias #### if about them if i was a journalist. I have a liking to every NRL team but the Broncos are extremley special to me and they will forever be a part of my life.

Next time your in a news agency have a read of the same stories in all the papers. They will all have a bias or slant.

I like my stories with a massive dollop of Bronco bias.

I wonder sometimes if Ricketts is gay and in love with anything relating to the Broncos. Yeah yeah its a club i bleed for if you cut me open I would bleed Maroon and Gold, but i like to read about the other clubs as well.

May I suggest going to another club's forum? They take about non Broncos stuff there!

Good point but if I was a commentator I woudn't blatenly favour the Broncos during games and write sickening bias #### if about them if i was a journalist. I have a liking to every NRL team but the Broncos are extremley special to me and they will forever be a part of my life.

As opposed to Wally when he commentates broncos games

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Big Del
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • john1420
  • Allo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.