FOOTBALL 2023 FIFA WWC Discussion

Spain are controlling this beautifully.

This commentator needs to stop bringing up 2010.

I don't need to be reminded of that final.

So why wasn't this penalty re-taken? Off her line, Arnold was pinged for that.

Vlcsnap 2023 08 20 23h00m14s185
Vlcsnap 2023 08 20 23h01m31s861

Nice to see Spain win, they play a nice style. :)

As a former goalie I get that it’s a big deal. But **** me to carry on for like 5 minutes was crazy

Interesting to see Spain's players despise their coach, and have done for some time - with good reason too, by the sounds of it.

Interesting to see Spain's players despise their coach, and have done for some time - with good reason too, by the sounds of it.
Spain sound a bit backwards with regards to female sport. This is only the 3rd time Spain have featured in the Women's world cup, which is quite unbelievable really.

All of the players requested the coach be removed, and their head of football said "yeah nah girlies our boy stays" and a few of their best players stood themselves down. Some of them grovelled to get back into the team but some didn't on principal. Crazy scenes.

Spain sound a bit backwards with regards to female sport. This is only the 3rd time Spain have featured in the Women's world cup, which is quite unbelievable really.

All of the players requested the coach be removed, and their head of football said "yeah nah girlies our boy stays" and a few of their best players stood themselves down. Some of them grovelled to get back into the team but some didn't on principal. Crazy scenes.
Also, the head honcho is the coach's dad or something. That's cooked.

Spain were deserved winners. I thought that England might take it as they had conquered the Euros and had learnt how to win in the big moments, but Spain were just so clean and tidy with the ball. From a purist perspective they played so nicely on the eyes, just constantly moving, one touch stuff out of trouble, weighted passes, it was great to watch.

It kinda reminded me of how English teams used to play in the champions league, they'd make the latter stages with grit and then just get techniqued out of the game.

Whats the deal with the coach........ "inappropriate touching" of his players? Must be something pretty serious if some of his players stood themselves down because of it.

Whats the deal with the coach........ "inappropriate touching" of his players? Must be something pretty serious if some of his players stood themselves down because of it.
I dont think that was the coach? Was the president of the Spanish FA wasn't it?

Imagine being the Spain captain.

She scores the winning goal of the final that delivers their country their first ever women's WC trophy and she finds out straight after it that her father died a few days prior. Her family didn't tell her for obvious reasons which is fair enough, but imagine going from such a high to such a low in such a short period of time.

So where would Kerr's goal rank amongst the best ever goals for Australia?

You would have to say it's up there. I think Cahill's goal against Netherlands in the 2014 WC would have to be the best.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • mrslong
  • Behold
  • Jazza
  • Nerd
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Bronco bob
  • broncs30
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hurrijo
  • Gaz
  • Lozza
  • Manofoneway
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.