POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Every time I close my eyes I see Cleary cutting back inside and going over to score. I can’t sleep, the last 20 minutes of the game are on loop in my head. This feeling is torture and I can’t make it stop
Go for a walk or chuck on netflix. Leave the post mortem for tomorrow.

Its easy to hate Cleary because of how good he is, but he's really just a stand out example of what an NRL star should be like. Doesn't get into any trouble, doesn't buy into his own hype, isnt an arrogant prick...he just keeps delivering and leading his side. No issues with him and Carrogan being mates, hope Broncos players learn from him, especially Walsh.

This..
I've sat here just thinking about the game since it's finish and your so right.
We weren't at our best but Penrith had to be basically perfect to beat us by only 2 points.Old
They were camped down own end more than half the night.
To put 24 points on them that's only happend under 10 times in the past 4 seasons.
If Penrith play that game against anyone else this year they win by 40+.
I am broken. I go back all the way to 88 and even the last few years of dumb shit,..this hurts more. Shattered

In the end our biggest weakness all year came back to bite us on the ass. I’m gutted absolutely gutted. This hurts just as much as the GP loss. Reality is as good as the season has been that last 20 minutes wasn’t an acceptable standard of footy. Next year this team will either go to the next level and barely drop a game or will absolutely fold. Shoutout to Ezra who just about had us our first premiership in a long time. But **** every other **** in the team who thought we had won at the 60th minute mark. It hurts but let’s get better from it. PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME WAIT 8 YEARS FOR ANOTHER CHOKE.

In the end our biggest weakness all year came back to bite us on the ass. I’m gutted absolutely gutted. This hurts just as much as the GP loss. Reality is as good as the season has been that last 20 minutes wasn’t an acceptable standard of footy. Next year this team will either go to the next level and barely drop a game or will absolutely fold. Shoutout to Ezra who just about had us our first premiership in a long time. But **** every other **** in the team who thought we had won at the 60th minute mark. It hurts but let’s get better from it. PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME WAIT 8 YEARS FOR ANOTHER CHOKE.
Broken...we came through the mistakes and got the lead....i am going on a 3 day bender so fucked.

Take a minute and 'grieve' people for what could have been.

Then, just as we would expect from our team .. we should hold ourselves to that same standard and stand up and stand strong.

We just missed the destination .. but the journey the players have all been on, has been one hell of a ride for them .. and us. I am grateful and happy for that.

That journey equates to the very beginnings of the foundation we've just laid for the years to come. We will learn from this loss.

Prob sounds all cheesy and stuff .. but .. it's true.

I am broken. I go back all the way to 88 and even the last few years of dumb shit,..this hurts more. Shattered
It's raw and hurts - I think objectively I was somewhat prepared for us to lose this one given that the Panthers are a great fucking team. I love to hate them and their ego issues - but the reality is no team in the modern era has hit 4 GFs in a row and taken 3 of them straight.

We took our shot and got fucking close. Don't what if yourself to a sleepless horrible night. There were moments - both ways which unfolded and they've happened. We lose a few big names tonight and hopefully the core group of kids learn from this and find a way to improve.

Life will go on - we got through the '15, the spoon and we'll get through this. Take some positives, many had us scraping into the eight if at all and we were a step above all but the Panthers.

Panthers are losing Critter, Cogger, Leniu and Salmon - so I wouldn't exactly call them stronger next year - particularly as Critter had a big part to play in that final 20 minutes.

If ARey stays fit - Baker and Mariner have great years, we'll give the finals a red hot crack next year. Hopefully the Panthers will be fucking more beatable then.

We crushed our storm hoodoo at Lang Park. We got Walsh - who's wet behind the ears and is going to grow into something special hopefully. Piakura, I finally see what he can be! Locked up Patty and Payne. We finsished the year equal first on points. Billy Walters learned how to rake. Mozer tasted first grade. Etc.

We go again.

Take a minute and 'grieve' people for what could have been.

Then, just as we would expect from our team .. we should hold ourselves to that same standard and stand up and stand strong.

We just missed the destination .. but the journey the players have all been on, has been one hell of a ride for them .. and us. I am grateful and happy for that.

That journey equates to the very beginnings of the foundation we've just laid for the years to come. We will learn from this loss.

Prob sounds all cheesy and stuff .. but .. it's true.
nice thoughts stronghly disagree

nice thoughts stronghly disagree
Big part of the loss tonight, looked as though it happened when the guys, like all of us, thought we had the game wrapped up. Huge adrenaline dump, and their heads collectively went to lifting the trophy and how good it was gonna feel. Big mistake, and one that will not happen again.

Physically, I thought we had it over them.

Mentally and emotionally, we did not.

Big part of the loss tonight, looked as though it happened when the guys, like all of us, thought we had the game wrapped up. Huge adrenaline dump, and their heads collectively went to lifting the trophy and how good it was gonna feel. Big mistake, and one that will not happen again.

cant disagree. still bites

I don't think I can go to another grand final. I can handle losing, but losing like that... two times now... it just breaks you. Being there somehow makes it feel worse. Hearing all the Penrith fans go up when Cleary crossed for that final try - that shit will haunt you. Broken.

I will be avoiding all rugby league related content for some time now.

Its easy to hate Cleary because of how good he is, but he's really just a stand out example of what an NRL star should be like. Doesn't get into any trouble, doesn't buy into his own hype, isnt an arrogant prick...he just keeps delivering and leading his side. No issues with him and Carrogan being mates, hope Broncos players learn from him, especially Walsh.
How do we sign him up to be a bronco?

Imagine the incoming memes... no team chocked like this before did they?

I dont know, maybe they did.

I cant handle this shit guys lol...

Santa, Sprog and all the positive dudes come back and keep us happy. Love yas and your voice on bhq. I always appreciate yas. Hope you guys are going okay. It was a red hot year to remember.

I don't think I can go to another grand final. I can handle losing, but losing like that... two times now... it just breaks you. Being there somehow makes it feel worse. Hearing all the Penrith fans go up when Cleary crossed for that final try - that shit will haunt you. Broken.

I will be avoiding all rugby league related content for some time now.

Exactly this. It hurts so much. Having spent about 2 grand on this weekend and the fact we had it and the fact that this has happened before. I will never watch a second of this game again, but I'll never forget girls around me screaming their lungs out while the upper stands shook while Cleary crossed the line. ****. No thanks to Rugby League for a long time.

As for the boys, if any of them read this, thanks for a great season. You all did us so proud.

will take some time tbh. not sure why this has hit so hard. anyway sleep coffee cig new day

I think the most disappointing part of the result is that Ezra Mam performance won't get the recognition it deserves. That opening 15 minutes of the 2nd half was the most enjoyable 15 minutes of Rugby League I've watched in years. It would've gone down as one of the great Five-Eighth finals performances, tearing apart the best defensive side in history, almost single handedly. Instead, it'll be long forgotten. Overshadowed by Cleary's heroics.

Disappointed. Not quite as bad as 2015, but not far off. I knew what was coming as soon as Leota scored, we were out on out feet.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BooKhaki
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • The Strapper
  • FACTHUNT
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Gaz
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.