2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

On the Dalky Ms. The Hammer picked up 1 point and Adam Reynolds picked up a point for their respective games over the weekend. Both men were in the worst 3 players on the field. Fire this award into the sun. How hard is it to just go with the nba and nfl system. Deadset.

It was said a billion times when Kalyn Ponga won it, you've just got to be the only real standout spine player and make the 8, you will tally 3 points every time your team wins.

Meanwhile teams with an even balance of contributions share the points, so clearly none of those players will be winning the award.

Off topic and not sure where this should go… but CSB (chicken sandwich boy) **** he’s had some shit luck since leaving:

The Bulldogs have formally applied to the NRL for an urgent salary cap resolution surrounding young gun Karl Oloapu, who faces an uncertain future as he recovers from delicate neck surgery.

In a situation which almost mirrors that of St George Illawarra fullback Cody Ramsey, who is also battling to return to the field after a debilitating illness, the Bulldogs have lodged an appeal with the NRL for possible cap dispensation.

Good possibility he may never play again.

Pretty shit situation for the kid.

Off topic and not sure where this should go… but CSB (chicken sandwich boy) **** he’s had some shit luck since leaving:

The Bulldogs have formally applied to the NRL for an urgent salary cap resolution surrounding young gun Karl Oloapu, who faces an uncertain future as he recovers from delicate neck surgery.

In a situation which almost mirrors that of St George Illawarra fullback Cody Ramsey, who is also battling to return to the field after a debilitating illness, the Bulldogs have lodged an appeal with the NRL for possible cap dispensation.
It's interesting to note what the Dragons are doing with Ramsey and Allan. Instead of receiving dispensation, the NRL is allowing the Dragons to re-sign both players and split the contract over those years.

I don't mind it, but if these players are pressured into medical retirement or a release, it would put up a few red flags to me. This should be to protect players and ensure the clubs stick by them without being too much of a burden, if clubs are still going to be ruthless than they shouldn't be able to bend the salary cap to their own whim.

It's a terrible development for Oloapu and regardless I hope he goes onto live a great life.

It sucks, hopefully things go right for him and he can have a successful career in the NRL. Dunno much about his injury, but could he go the Brent Tate route?

Interesting review of the Vegas hype in the media.

In fairness, I can't really blame the Dally M judges for not watching any games the teams they support aren't in.

Funny hey that the real reason is so blatant - betting.
Darth Peter was open about it. I just find that buying "journalists" is sad. If the product is good, it should sell itself. The unpaid journalists were not that kind to the stunt.

Darth Peter was open about it. I just find that buying "journalists" is sad. If the product is good, it should sell itself. The unpaid journalists were not that kind to the stunt.

And why would they be? The amount of money wasted on this event for such a pathetic return SHOULD be panned.

And why would they be? The amount of money wasted on this event for such a pathetic return SHOULD be panned.
Totally. It just goes to show how little you can trust the news groups that are so easily bought. That Danny Weidler is stuck so tight to PVLs titty, it's so sad.

Mal Meninga and the Titans have parted ways ..

SOURCE: news.com.au

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Bongo
  • Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Skathen
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Dony Eliakim
  • lynx000
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.