Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
We're only a week away until the start of the Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga Cup competitions. Redcliffe dominated both comps, will they remain on top or will we see the other affiliates stand up?

Tomorrow is also the start of the Harold Matthews and SG Ball Cup competitions. The NSWRL has announced a new streaming platform that will stream all their competitions and fans are being offered a two week free trial.

With the QRL's streaming partner, Clutch, going into administration, there hasn't been any word on a replacement just yet.

I was looking forward to catching up on some games during the off-season only to discover the unfortunate news.

Hostplus Cup trials are also set to get underway tomorrow. Just the one game between the Clydesdales and the Falcons at Caboolture, but the following week we'll see plenty of action with a number of teams facing off against their NRL affiliates.

Saturday, February 10
Hostplus Cup

Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Brisbane Broncos at Kougari Oval - 4pm
Sunshine Coast Falcons v Melbourne Storm at Sunshine Coast Stadium - 5pm
Sunshine Coast Falcons v Brisbane Tigers at Sunshine Coast Stadium - 5.50pm
Souths Logan Magpies v Tweed Seagulls at Logan Metro Sports Complex - 6pm
Norths Devils v Burleigh Bears at Bishop Park - 6pm
Central Queensland Capras v NRL Dolphins at Browne Park - 6.10pm
Brisbane Tigers v Melbourne Storm at Sunshine Coast Stadium - 6.40pm

Saturday, February 17
Hostplus Cup

Northern Pride v Cairns Brothers at West Barlow Park - 3pm
Townsville Blackhawks v Cairns Brothers at West Barlow Park - 3.35pm
Northern Pride v Townsville Blackhawks at West Barlow Park - 4.10pm
Northern Pride v Townsville Blackhawks at West Barlow Park - 4.45pm
Norths Devils v Redcliffe Dolphins at Bishop Park - 6pm
Ipswich Jets v Western Clydesdales at Brothers Ipswich Rugby League - 6pm

Saturday, February 24
Hostplus Cup

Central Queensland Capras v PNG Hunters at Marley Brown Oval - time TBC
Western Clydesdales v Wynnum Manly Seagulls at Clive Berghofer Stadium - 4pm
Burleigh Bears v Tweed Seagulls at UAA Park - 4.30pm
Sunshine Coast Falcons v Norths Devils at Sunshine Coast Stadium - 5.30pm
Burleigh Bears v Tweed Seagulls at UAA Park - 6pm
Townsville Blackhawks v Mackay Cutters at Jack Manski Oval - 6pm
Brisbane Tigers v Redcliffe Dolphins at Totally Workwear Stadium - 6pm

Sunday, February 25
Hostplus Cup

Ipswich Jets v Souths Logan Magpies at North Ipswich Reserve - 1pm

Upton and Southwell times two to the Capras for the QRLW season.

Upton and Southwell times two to the Capras for the QRLW season.

It’s an interesting setup now with HNWP running alongside NRLW now and QLD not doing the same.

Allows the girls more footy so can only be a good thing I suppose. Kezie Apps is at Toowoomba for instance

Does anyone have any idea if they have replaced Qplus tv with a new streaming service?

Does anyone have any idea if they have replaced Qplus tv with a new streaming service?

Is the only word I've heard on the matter.

If it's like NSWRL TV, I'd expect an announcement to be made later in the week and it'll likely be through Vimeo.

Ben Ikin has cleared TPJ to return to the QLD cup. sounds like TPJ might be interested in playing for Souths Logan under Hunt.

Ben Ikin said

“It would be great to see Tevita back in our competition,” said QRL chief executive Ikin.

“He made the decision to step away from rugby league to pursue other opportunities.

“We are very proud of our competition and for those that choose it as a destination, someone of Tevita’s profile and ability is a vote of confidence in what the Hostplus Cup competition brings to the rugby league ecosystem.

“We would certainly register his deal.”

Just turned 28, Pangai Jr has played 138 first-grade games and Ikin is adamant the former Bronco can again succeed in the NRL.

“Of course Tevita can make it again in the NRL,” he said.

“If Souths Logan is the place he wants to play at, that’s a great club with a great history.

“I think the world of Karmichael Hunt, he is an NRL head coach of the future.

“Tevita just needs to get himself back in an environment he is enjoying and where he fits in and finds a way to play his best football consistently.

“No-one can deny Tevita’s footballing ability, so if he sees the Hostplus Cup as a good way for him to step back into the game, we’d welcome him to our competition.”

TPJ Said

“The Queensland Cup is definitely an option,” Pangai Jr said.

“Me and ‘Hodgo’ caught up in October for the fight in Townsville, we fought on the same card. I was having a joke with him about playing Queensland Cup and now it might become a reality.

“It would be pretty good to play for Souths Logan to help my fitness if I did come back to the NRL.

“I have a fight planned for March and hopefully after that fight I can start in the Queensland Cup and help some of the younger boys at Souths Logan.

“The speed isn’t the same as the NRL, but I believe they hit harder in the Queensland Cup.

“It can be more physical because there’s not as much wrestling as the NRL, so it would be a good test for me.”

TPJ has played eight games for Souths before in 16/17.

I think we know why Jack Campagnolo signed in the super league. Sucks to be Albert Kelly and Radean Robinson.

I think we know why Jack Campagnolo signed in the super league. Sucks to be Albert Kelly and Radean Robinson.

Campagnolo had already left Souths and gone to Falcons and preseason with the Storm- then went to SL after Christmas and didn't go back to the Storm.

Just seen some guy post this on X
IMG 1075

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.