Adam Blair

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
What are your thoughts should we let him leave at the end of the year

He's definitely become a leader not only in general at the club but more specifically for our young Polynesian players. He adds strength up front. Lacks a little discipline every now and then. But overall seems to be able to keep the boys grounded. He didn't have the happiest of welcomes when he joined the club, but has definitely earnt his spot here now. It'd be a bit of a loss should he leave. But if it's to allow young talent to come through/re-sign then business comes first you would think. I follow alot of the players on various forms of social media (I'm sure like alot of us do) and he genuinely seems happy at Redhill. That all being said, if we can retain him for a reasonable price without sabotaging the younger talent coming through. Then sure give the man an extension.

Yes, we should keep him.

I actually think we aren't utilizing one of Blair's best attributes, which is his skills with the ball. I think we should be using him at lock and giving him the freedom to do some ball-playing. He was lethal at Melbourne when he was doing that.

Or perhaps putting him on the right edge to link up with Roberts and moving him back to the middle in defence.

He isn't a prop. He isn't a metre eater. He is a ball-playing forward.

Agree. Keep him for his off field and 1%ers but not on too much coin. Love to get away for 250000 a year? Start him in second row and let Sua play 60 next year if ready then shift him to wide roaming ball playing prop (assuming Bird not Lock if he is then has to play in middle).

Our forwards depth is pretty shallow as it is. I'd say keep him until a younger forward can do what Blair does and some.

Hmmm.
If we re-sign him we will be labelled salary cap cheats..But then on the other hand if we let him go and sign someone cheaper and not as good we will be labelled salary cap cheats..It's a tough one but I like Blair, I say hang onto him.

Yes, we should keep him.

I actually think we aren't utilizing one of Blair's best attributes, which is his skills with the ball. I think we should be using him at lock and giving him the freedom to do some ball-playing. He was lethal at Melbourne when he was doing that.

Or perhaps putting him on the right edge to link up with Roberts and moving him back to the middle in defence.

He isn't a prop. He isn't a metre eater. He is a ball-playing forward.

Wish we could see those late offloads like the one he got away for our 1st try in the 15 gf but instead we just see forced plays that aren't on these days. Agree he's a ball player but hope this is a form issue and hope the skills aren't starting to slip away. Maybe a lack of confidence / awareness of support players letting him down?

Surely there aren't some people who are seriously holding the Macca injury against Blair?

I think he is important so long as we maintain our current level of depth in our pack. Blair has played in the backrow for most of his career and we play him at prop, for lack of a better option.

Liking what I am hearing about Lodge perhaps backflipping and staying with us. I think he can be the front rower that we have needed for years and there is no-one in the game I'd trust more to turn this guy into the forward leader we need, than Bennett.

Surely there aren't some people who are seriously holding the Macca injury against Blair?
I heard one guy on the radio blame Blair for it this morning, the person even said Blair had just cost the Broncos their season ....

You may not have heard of this person since he's shy about giving his opinion ... this person's name is Gordon Tallis

I heard one guy on the radio blame Blair for it this morning, the person even said Blair had just cost the Broncos their season ....

You may not have heard of this person since he's shy about giving his opinion ... this person's name is Gordon Tallis
LOL, good ol' Tallis. Never afraid to let his personal views cloud his judgement.

If lodge signs we can get rid of that dud sims

Only if we have a massive signing in the works that we haven't heard about, or he's asking for some dumb amount of cash, would I be keen to see him leave. His impact running the ball has gone downhill since '15 though.

I'm certainly against the popular opinion in this debate. I actually don't really think he is a necessity. Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to stay but if he does leave, I don't think it is the end of the world by any means. Yes, I realise that potential doesn't always amount to anything but we've got Joffa who is just about ready to start, TPJ who is just about ready to start and Haas, Fai, Carrigan coming through. If Blair stays, great but if not, we won't be affected that much in my opinion.

Active Now

• Accept
  • cento
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Swordfish
  • Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TimWhatley
  • Browny
  • DrGee
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.