Areas That Need Fixing for 2017

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I think even at this stage, McCullough is still a better player than Parcell. Parcell hasn't really shown too much in the top grade yet. That's not saying he won't, but at the time of choosing between McCullough and Parcell, McCullough is an easy decision. I think too many people are undervaluing Andrew's contribution to the Broncos. Out of a lot of the hookers in the competition, he is the best fit for our team and the players in it.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Surely Parcell and Taylor's new contracts were worth more than Waddell and KNik's last contract?
Well, Taylor was still contracted to the Broncos for this season to start with ($100K), and Parcell may have gotten some more coin from Manly, but I doubt they broke the bank for a ISC player, whom as promising as he looked, only had few stints from the bench in FG.

Didn't both those players leave because they had better opportunities for first grade, rather than actual money? All three if we're counting Jnik.
Of course they did, and you're making my point re the cap.
Admittedly, Parcell might have been hard to keep as he wasn't contracted, but Taylor (for sure) and JNik (I think) were.
Regardless, do you think Wayne wouldn't have been able to hold on to them, if he actually wanted to?

I think Porthoz is still under the impression that Parcell and Taylor would have overthrown McCullough and Hunt. If that is the case, he's wrong.
First of all, I have never said that, ever! It's a possibility that one of those could have occurred though...
In fact, I'm sure you wouldn't make the second statement if either player was still at the Broncos. But since neither is, it's easy to appear all brave with such definitive statements.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Well, Taylor was still contracted to the Broncos for this season to start with ($100K), and Parcell may have gotten some more coin from Manly, but I doubt they broke the bank for a ISC player, whom as promising as he looked, only had few stints from the bench in FG.

Of course they did, and you're making my point re the cap.
Admittedly, Parcell might have been hard to keep as he wasn't contracted, but Taylor (for sure) and JNik (I think) were.
Regardless, do you think Wayne wouldn't have been able to hold on to them, if he actually wanted to?

First of all, I have never said that, ever! It's a possibility that one of those could have occurred though...
In fact, I'm sure you wouldn't make the second statement if either player was still at the Broncos. But since neither is, it's easy to appear all brave with such definitive statements.
It's not brave. Neither player has played better than Hunt or McCullough since they've left

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
It's not brave. Neither player has played better than Hunt or McCullough since they've left

Debatble, Parcell certainly hasn't, but you could easily make an argument that if we had Taylor instead of Hunt this season we would've been a better side. You can't just look at line breaks and try assists and think they tell the whole story, the drastic difference in their short/mid kicking game is almost unfathomble, and I think it's that big of a difference that it overshadows whatever areas Hunt is better than Taylor in.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Even if that was true, which it's not, we're talking about different teams, different coaches, systems and players around them, making it hard to make a realistic determination. They could have been better... or worse at the Broncos.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Repeat after me!

Props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props, props.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
i think we need to keep persevering with Hunt and McCullough. I mean, we've won so much with them at the helm...oh wait...

Let's give 'em one more year.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
i think we need to keep persevering with Hunt and McCullough. I mean, we've won so much with them at the helm...oh wait...

Let's give 'em one more year.

A grandfinal appearance that was won apart from the last second and to go down in extra time against the reigning premiers in the elimination final?

Last edited:
W

Willek

Sep 17, 2016
The difference in how hard the Sharks outside backs run compared to the stuttering, jinkingruns our backs make outside of Oates is quite obvious.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • achievedrap
  • Santa
  • kiwibronco
  • Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.