OFFICIAL Ashley Taylor to Titans

Should Ash Taylor Be Promoted ASAP

• He's A Dud, Stupid Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Should Ashley Taylor Be Promoted

I asked unbreakable what he thought, and you actually replied for him, by saying "No, he's not". However, you're free to give your own opinion.

You're not answering my question, but I will clarify. This is not an unlikely scenario, although everything is possible, but let's say we're 2 years down the track, and:

- Taylor is absolutely killing it in lower grades, ISC and FG cameos when either Hunt or Milford are unavailable.
- Hunt and Milford have built a solid partnership in FG, Boyd is performing at his normal level.

What do you think will or should happen at that point?

No, I answered YOUR question:

Quote Originally Posted by Porthoz View Post
So you think that after a few years building a halves partnership between Hunt and Milford, Wayne is going to put Milford back at fullback?

With - no, he isn't.

In answer to your other question, if Taylor is killing it in the ISC and hunt/Milford has an established partnership then Taylor should be introduced off the bench to see if he can cut it and then make a decision from there, much the same that Souths did with keary.

Hahahahahahahahaha this is all mental.

I need some other broncos discussion to occupy my obsession. I'm so over this topic

I'd say I've seen at least 2/3's of his NYC games, so based on that.

What games specifically?

Considering he's played 37 games, that would be about 25 you've seen.

Ari Gold said:
There's no one game that Taylor displayed this but his finals performance against the Knights last year was IMO his best game for us.

Do you mean his Round 24 game against the Knights?

Or do you have a different finals game in mind?

Because the Round 24 performance was a great performance but it was against an understrength side missing three of it's best players in Mamo, Tapine and Mata'utia.

And that's what fans have to be mindful of as well. The two regular season games were against understrength outfits that were well below their normal standards.

The thing is, if Taylor is as good as all you guys claim he is going to be, he's going to force the coach to find a spot in the team for him.. Let's take a look at a similar scenario in the past shall we..

Cherry-Evans is crushing in NYC and QCUP For 3 entire seasons, wins grand finals, captains teams, consistently makes the "Team of the Year". He doesn't crack first grade for that entire period of time because he's behind Orford and then Hodkinson. Does DCE jump at the first opportunity another club offers him? No, he bides his time, continuing to work on his game, not complaining. Low and behold, Manly move Hodkinson on the season after, purely to make room for him.

Why shouldn't Ashley Taylor follow the same path as DCE?.. Is he that much better than him?

No, I answered YOUR question:

With - no, he isn't.

In answer to your other question, if Taylor is killing it in the ISC and hunt/Milford has an established partnership then Taylor should be introduced off the bench to see if he can cut it and then make a decision from there, much the same that Souths did with keary.
My mistake, I thought you meant that unbreakable doesn't think that... :rolleyes:

That's the question I am asking though... what if Taylor not only cuts it, but kills it every time he comes in FG, but we have Hunt and Milford as a good established partnership?

Sorry, meant the Round 24 game. I just had it later in my mind.

As for being understrength, it's fair argument to a point, but I still think there's less flat track bullying from Taylor than a guy who just runs the ball well. If you're a guy who uses his running game, then playing against inferior teams will make you look good. The same is true to an extent if you're using vision and playmaking, but I feel like you can trust it more. You'll get more chances against a weak team, but regardless of the level you're playing at, you either have the vision to see it or you don't. I don't think the quality of the opposition dictates whether or not you see an opportunity. It does, however, dictate how easily you can just run through them.

Boyd @ 1, Milford @ 6 and Taylor in reserves

Welcome to the reality thread where we don't have to hear everything related to Ashley Taylor or Milford vs Boyd.

How good are we actually going with the injuries we've had to endure! ? I'm pretty damn happy with the team.

I still can't see us bearing melb this year unless they have horrific injuries. We just can't seem to crack that egg

Re: Boyd @ 1, Milford @ 6 and Taylor in reserves

Very impressed with our season so far and the great part is we have a lit of room for improvement!

Milf isn't settingthe world on fire like we'd hoped but he is coming along very well and growing in confidence.

Wow it's a real treat to see players step up to cover injuries. Very proud of Kahu and maranta.

How exciting is it that we have one of the best and must experienced fullbacks in the game still waiting for his first run after resigning with us. What a boost that'll be.

Top 4 finish and a decent crack at the finals would be an amazing improvement on recent seasons efforts.

Re: Boyd @ 1, Milford @ 6 and Taylor in reserves

Wait... What's this thread about ?

What games specifically?

Considering he's played 37 games, that would be about 25 you've seen.
Do you mean his Round 24 game against the Knights?
Or do you have a different finals game in mind?

Because the Round 24 performance was a great performance but it was against an understrength side missing three of it's best players in Mamo, Tapine and Mata'utia.

And that's what fans have to be mindful of as well. The two regular season games were against understrength outfits that were well below their normal standards.
Yes probably about 25. I'm not good a pinpointing which games in particular BP, but even in the games where he didn't shine, creating tries left, right and centre, his halves skills were still present and visible.
I'm not just judging him on highlights or a few excellent games, in the same way I didn't judge Kahu like that.
He has that unmistakable knack, instinct, and of course talent, that very few halves do.
The thing is, if Taylor is as good as all you guys claim he is going to be, he's going to force the coach to find a spot in the team for him.. Let's take a look at a similar scenario in the past shall we..

Cherry-Evans is crushing in NYC and QCUP For 3 entire seasons, wins grand finals, captains teams, consistently makes the "Team of the Year". He doesn't crack first grade for that entire period of time because he's behind Orford and then Hodkinson. Does DCE jump at the first opportunity another club offers him? No, he bides his time, continuing to work on his game, not complaining. Low and behold, Manly move Hodkinson on the season after, purely to make room for him.

Why shouldn't Ashley Taylor follow the same path as DCE?.. Is he that much better than him?
You're kinda making my point... because we don't have an established partnership or even spine yet, like Manly had.
They didn't have a fantastic young fullback being converted to a half.
Once we do, the path for him will become that much harder.

Even if Milford is a better fullback than 5/8, and Taylor a better half than Milford, once the Hunt/Milford combination is established (and doesn't spectacularly fail), I don't believe it will be undone again.

Norman would have been a good fullback for us ... if he actually put his whole heart into it instead of just whinging that he should have been 5/8.

I also would have liked to have seen how Barba went under Bennett and away from Hooks bulk at all costs policy. I can't imagine that Hasler is the only coach to get the 2011/12 form out of Barba

How's Barba going now.....?

Can't even make the Sharks run on squad.

Sorry, meant the Round 24 game. I just had it later in my mind.

As for being understrength, it's fair argument to a point, but I still think there's less flat track bullying from Taylor than a guy who just runs the ball well. If you're a guy who uses his running game, then playing against inferior teams will make you look good. The same is true to an extent if you're using vision and playmaking, but I feel like you can trust it more. You'll get more chances against a weak team, but regardless of the level you're playing at, you either have the vision to see it or you don't. I don't think the quality of the opposition dictates whether or not you see an opportunity. It does, however, dictate how easily you can just run through them.

You're getting too caught up in the running comparison here.

Of course you need some level of skill to produce that type of performance but there's a lot of variables at play. Variables that will rarely be present in first grade so to base your assessment on this game where it was against weakened opposition would be like taking Chris Sandow's or Sam Williams' best performance and thinking that it's the norm.

Now I believe Taylor is more reliable than those sorts of players but a lot of people are basing these big grandiose statements on games like that and against the Warriors when it isn't really the norm.

Does anyone else smell that?

Smells like a bit of a porky pie.

eat2.gif

Very impressed with our season so far and the great part is we have a lit of room for improvement!

Milf isn't settingthe world on fire like we'd hoped but he is coming along very well and growing in confidence.

Wow it's a real treat to see players step up to cover injuries. Very proud of Kahu and maranta.

How exciting is it that we have one of the best and must experienced fullbacks in the game still waiting for his first run after resigning with us. What a boost that'll be.

Top 4 finish and a decent crack at the finals would be an amazing improvement on recent seasons efforts.

Hahahaha love the mod troll who went and merged my new thread with the one i was trying to get away from. Well played sir

But yes, it really has been a decent turn around grin the hook era. I feel we are building quite nicely.

Milford will work out. . He just needs a season to learn our structures and find ways of using those established structures to his advantage. Pretty soon he will crack it. He'll be able to merge his natural game into the setup we have.

Even if Milford is a better fullback than 5/8, and Taylor a better half than Milford, once the Hunt/Milford combination is established (and doesn't spectacularly fail), I don't believe it will be undone again.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I can see them both playing well individually but not forming some super duper halves connection. At this point Milford is playing Five-Eighth like a Fullback and Hunt is playing Halfback like a Five-Eighth.. If this spine doesn't work, we'll need someone like Ash Taylor.

How's Barba going now.....?

Can't even make the Sharks run on squad.

I didn't say that i wanted to see how Barba went under Flanagan, who even when he was giving them drugs, couldn't make them win shit.

Bennett is 1000 times the coach that Flanagan would ever be.

They're still completely different scenarios, Milford left Canberra to come home and be with family, and took less money to do so, a lot less according to most reports.

Taylor leaving (if it does come to that) will be purely for money and a guaranteed first grade spot.. And I didn't call him any of those things you claim, you're just putting words in my mouth, a common occurrence on this forum when somebody is on the losing end of an argument.

No you did bag him, you've suggested several times about money his disloyalty if he doesn't stay and to go to Sydney 'good riddance.' As well as playing the injury card.

Paraphrasing isn't putting words into your mouth.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Tim K
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Locky24
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • Turky Murky
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.